August Pricelist Update

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Maxke

Re: August Pricelist Update

Post by Maxke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks for the info Tiki-Taka.

That sucks :-( i wonder if it will do SEAT any good raising the trim prices this way ?
I love the Ateca but i’m not sure i would buy it @ those prices ?
(Skoda Octavia '13) ordered : ATECA 1.4 TSI FR Black Magic with digital cockpit, sunroof,...

Pubsinger

Post by Pubsinger » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am

Tiki-Taka wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 pm
This means if you want an FR with 19” wheels you must go for FR Sport. Same for leather seats, heated seats and digital cockpit. All these items in FR Sport or none in the FR.
Is this confirmed or are you going by the pricelist linked to above which may be an incomplete draft.

Seems ridiculous a FR/SPORT cannot be specced with, for exmple, winter pack, electric tailgate, KESSY. I'd always believed options were a money maker for manufacturers. Why would SEAT cut their own throats?

All the best

Pub

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:45 am

oh wow, thats insane that you can't select certain options anymore seperatly.
I blame the WLTP. They need to have more packages to be able to have less cars tested, so I can understand it from Seats point of view.

I wonder what will change here in The Netherlands, we have a bit different ranges in Ateca;
Reference (base model)
Style
Style Business Intense (more options for a sharper price, due to the tax-construction in The Netherlands)
Xcellence
Xcellence Business Intense (see above)
FR
FR Business Intense (see above)

Here you can just randomly add seperate options. But the 1.0 engine is only available on the Reference and Style models.
And neither of those models have the 19" as options.

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am

I suspect we're going to see this approach across most manufactures going forward - they will all be trying to double guessing what options buyers most want bundled together and hopefully updating the packages each year base sales

Whilst I didn't choose mine as it was a demo (and even then it took a while to find one with options I wanted) it's something which looks like it won't be available again...feeling quite lucky now !!!
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am

Pubsinger wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 am
Tiki-Taka wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 pm
This means if you want an FR with 19” wheels you must go for FR Sport. Same for leather seats, heated seats and digital cockpit. All these items in FR Sport or none in the FR.
Is this confirmed or are you going by the pricelist linked to above which may be an incomplete draft.

Seems ridiculous a FR/SPORT cannot be specced with, for exmple, winter pack, electric tailgate, KESSY. I'd always believed options were a money maker for manufacturers. Why would SEAT cut their own throats?

All the best

Pub
Given the information available on SEAT UK's "EASY offer" strategy then this is a realistic interpretation. Obviously they can change it at will but fits in with an easier WLTP testing approach.
31/03/2018 Ordered: Wrong Spec on delivery, cancelled.
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen. 22 week wait...roll on November!

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am
I suspect we're going to see this approach across most manufactures going forward - they will all be trying to double guessing what options buyers most want bundled together and hopefully updating the packages each year base sales
I agree completely.
31/03/2018 Ordered: Wrong Spec on delivery, cancelled.
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen. 22 week wait...roll on November!

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:48 am

I can understand due to WLTP and some other manufacturers were already using this way of optionizing.

Hyundai for example.
(Skoda Octavia '13) ordered : ATECA 1.4 TSI FR Black Magic with digital cockpit, sunroof,...

drhandley

Post by drhandley » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 pm

I have just been advised that my order placed in May for the FR 1.4tsi engine will now be the year 19 model with the 1.5tsi engine plus the options I ordered and is planned for build week 38
I have seen the new price list which has increased the models but decreased the options but as mine will be built with the options that should be ok.
However, I was wondering are the 2019 models just a reconfiguration of what was available or are there any physical changes to the appearance of the car
Ordered 1.4 TSI FR, Velvet Red, Advanced Driving Assistance Pack, Digital Cockpit, Double Boot Floor, Panoramic Sunroof, Leather Pack, Navigation System Pack, Seat Sound, Winter Pack and Space Saver Wheel

Sop

Post by Sop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 am

In Romania we don't have the updates yet.
I think we will have more trims to chose from. Until now were only reference , style, fr, excellence.
All is due to WLTP. It is not Seat fault.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:16 am

Sop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 am
In Romania we don't have the updates yet.
Same here in Finland. The price list has been updated at the end on June, and it still has a LOT of 1.4 TSI models. :?: There are some models, which you cannot order anymore:
- all 2.0 TDI models
- all 1.4 TSI models with 4Drive and manual gearbox

But there are still plenty of 1.4 models in the list; 2-wheel drive models and 4Drive+DSG ones.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”