No Rear Camera

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Bedlam

Re: No Rear Camera

Post by Bedlam » Wed May 15, 2019 3:44 pm

CheeseR wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:13 pm
The lines do curve on mine, could it be that we have different cameras fitted, or is it just part of the 360 camera?
So do mine, your thoughts were mine also
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm

My guess is that the retro fit camera does not interface with the steering input and just gives a basic rear picture. Without the guide lines moving in tune with the steering it loses 90% of its usefullness.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

MrRilo

Post by MrRilo » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm
My guess is that the retro fit camera does not interface with the steering input and just gives a basic rear picture. Without the guide lines moving in tune with the steering it loses 90% of its usefullness.
I wanted an FR and wife wanted a rear view camera when we ordered in January and it wasnt available on the spec.

Paid £350 for a retrofit camera at the dealer before collection in April. It works as the original but doesn't have any lines at all, it just shows a live image of what's behind you.

She is happy though which is all that matters :)
MY19 - 1.5TSI Ateca manual FR
Samoa Orange

GrahamE

Post by GrahamE » Wed May 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Could be the 360 camera CheeseR, I don't have that.
Or it could be that the after market offering from SEAT wasn't quite as good as the original in the MY18 spec. As I say I do know they has numerous failures when they tried retrofitting them to MY19 cars that unexpectedly arrived without the camera.
In fairness to SEAT UK after a considerable delay they did their best to resolve the issue at a cost of £500-£1000 per car. Sadly, what I've ended up with falls somewhat short of what I've used in other vehicles. Whilst I can indeed see out the back and the red distance lines are useful, the parallel parking lines are no help whatsoever and I find I still use the mirrors more when reversing.
Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO FR DSG in Velvet Red. 19" wheels and heated front screen.

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am

Hi,

Just had a call from Seat customer services - they confirmed it should have been fitted and are looking into getting it retro-fitted, will confirm next week.

Cheers,

Andy.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”