Delivery Times

All Seat Ateca related discussions
nick052

Re: Delivery Times

Post by nick052 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:29 pm

TheGrey wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:30 am
It seems some of the early 69 plate Atecas come with old style infotainment system and no capacitive buttons 😕.
I guess some of the early 69-reg's were MY19 and not MY20 as the rear view mirror doesn't look "frameless" on that either.
Last edited by nick052 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:45 pm

TheGrey wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 am
My Ateca is with status 38 "completed; due to be shipped" and the dealer told me to expect it ready for collection last week of September.
18 weeks total from ordering to collecting!
Swift delivery. My wait was almost twice that. :)
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

fi1985

Post by fi1985 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:53 pm

Just had to register to say that so far I have waited 24 weeks from the order date and my car will maybe be built week 40 (maybe)... :lol:

Lucky me my current car is fine so little wait doesnt bother me that much :)

(This is from Finland btw.)

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Just spoke to my dealer there. He says they now have a delivery date sometime in December (was originally November), yet he also said he's been given a build week 40, which, if I'm not mistaken, is this week.

I didn't make the connection until after I'd put the phone down and Googled Week 40 dates, but if I heard him correctly, that implies the delivery must take something in the region of 8-12 weeks from the build date. Surely that can't be right, can it?

I hate mentioning the B-word, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could it be because of expected border delays? We're in Northern Ireland, but I can't imagine that would have much impact with modern shipping. It's not as if we're waiting on the wind and tide for sailing ships!

I was going to call him back to check if I'd understood him correctly, but realised they close at 5.30, so I'd just miss him. I'll try again tomorrow.
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 with an estimated 4 month delivery date.
Current vehicles: a 2007 Passat 2.0 Tdi SEL and a rust-heap (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 litre)

Cdog

Post by Cdog » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 pm

KerryB wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:34 pm
Just spoke to my dealer there. He says they now have a delivery date sometime in December (was originally November), yet he also said he's been given a build week 40, which, if I'm not mistaken, is this week.

I didn't make the connection until after I'd put the phone down and Googled Week 40 dates, but if I heard him correctly, that implies the delivery must take something in the region of 8-12 weeks from the build date. Surely that can't be right, can it?

I hate mentioning the B-word, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could it be because of expected border delays? We're in Northern Ireland, but I can't imagine that would have much impact with modern shipping. It's not as if we're waiting on the wind and tide for sailing ships!

I was going to call him back to check if I'd understood him correctly, but realised they close at 5.30, so I'd just miss him. I'll try again tomorrow.
I thought we was currently in build week 37? And build week 40 would be week commencing 30th of September. That’s assuming build weeks follow a normal calendar.

Even so, I have build week 39 with expected delivery in October so your dealers estimate does seem a bit strange.....unless my dealer is being optimistic with the expected delivery date

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 pm

"I thought we was currently in build week 37? And build week 40 would be week commencing 30th of September."

You're quite right. Still a very long build to delivery wait, though.

Nevertheless, I'm excited to think of my car potentially beginning its journey along the production line in a couple of weeks. :)
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 with an estimated 4 month delivery date.
Current vehicles: a 2007 Passat 2.0 Tdi SEL and a rust-heap (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 litre)

TheGrey

Post by TheGrey » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 am

My dealer told me ones build it takes 3/4 weeks for the car to be delivered, registered with DVLA and collected by the customer based on previous time scales. Mine was build/tested and awaiting shipment in Skoda Auto Kvasiny car factory, Czech Republic with me expecting to collect end of September.
Ordered: Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG with Panoramic sunroof in Rhodium Grey

Furion

Post by Furion » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:37 am

Yanhow1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Furion wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:53 pm
Furion wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Received email from dealer, build date is week 43, (21 Oct), delivery most likely late November to December I guess. :shock:

So much for a pre BREXIT delivery.
Build date moved to week 40 from 43, that moves delivery forward to beginning of November.

It’s worth asking for an update now and then
I just rang my dealer and he told me mine is down for build week 39 for my x lux 2.0 tdi 4 drive in lava blue,
Strange thing is I ordered mine a month after you (aug 1), so how could I have a b/w before yours I wonder.
I think he might be paying me lip service because after giving me the b/w he said it would still be late nov early dec before they get it,

Seems a straight answer is hard to get!

On a plus note, I am very reliably informed by my daughter, who works for VAG as a corporate event manager and therefore is in a good place to know, that VW group is totally prepared for any Brexit issues regarding deliveries to Britain and has been since the first time we were leaving so she assures me brexit I will have zero impact on delivery times.
Reading thru this forum it looks like delivery is about 4 to 5 weeks after the build date, as I mentioned my b/w is 40 which is week of 30th September, so I am expecting mine anytime between 01st Nov to mid Nov. If your dealer is quoting you late Nov early Dec then your b/w must be around the 45 mark. The dealers don’t want you cancel your order and go to another manufacturer offering a quicker delivery so probably quote very optimistic delivery dates.
Furion
Ordered 27/06: MY20 : Build Date WK40, Expected Nov
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic.
Current: Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 MY11

nick052

Post by nick052 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:15 pm

So my car was finally built 2nd Sept - found out today it’s still sat in a port in Germany! So can’t see it being here for the end of Sept now. Very disappointing (given I was “promised” it for 1st Sept after ordering 30th May). And all the updates I’ve had from dealer I’ve had to ask for - useless at keeping me informed in all honesty. Complained to Seat UK Customer Service (who were useless at first but got an excellent agent eventually) about the delays and awaiting news of compensation tomorrow. Will let people know if I get anything.

Krnthmsn

Post by Krnthmsn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:15 pm

I had an email this morning to say my build week is 39 (23.09.19) and will be ready for delivery mid October. I was originally told this when I ordered. Then I got a telephone call saying I was looking at week 5 for March 2020 delivery and now I am back to my original date. Fingers crossed. 🤞

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”