SD Card Satnav Blunder

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Bedlam

Re: SD Card Satnav Blunder

Post by Bedlam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Nik can you try this and post exactly what you see, if anything (either text or a pic)
In the Navigation main menu, press the SETTINGS function button, then select Version information
Try this with the SD Card inserted and removed i.e. twice (the results may be different)
The objective is to see what Map Version the head unit is expecting i.e. 0820 or another
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm
Nik can you try this and post exactly what you see, if anything (either text or a pic)
In the Navigation main menu, press the SETTINGS function button, then select Version information
Try this with the SD Card inserted and removed i.e. twice (the results may be different)
The objective is to see what Map Version the head unit is expecting i.e. 0820 or another
Hi.
So Graham privately emailed me his OVERALL.NDS (as we believed our original SD card versions to have been the same). After having downloaded and extracted your navigation file you sent, it didn't work. However, prior to reading your above post, Graham sent me the OVERALL.NDS, I copied and pasted it, inserted it into my car and presto! My SD rose from the dead and my navigation is working now! I will save the file very very carefully now! Haha.

Anyway for your reference, these are the images. When the SD card is not inserted in, it shows the version as "N/A" and when the SD card is in, it shows the following. So with this I can confirm to everyone that all is not lost if you lose your original NDS file. So long as you have a life saver like Graham who had the same original OVERALL.NDS version, you will be fine!

Thanks both. I presume I can now safely update to the latest version? What would you advise? The VW Updater or downloading the version from SEAT's website?

IMG_7757.jpg

Without SD card in

IMG_7756.jpg

With SD card in

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:21 pm

I've had both SEAT and VW's versions and both work with the original OVERALL file. VW tends to have a lot more European countries on their mapping data versions than SEAT (unlike our original maps), so apart from the download etc taking a bit longer, both work. But again, keep pristine copies of the current set that works.

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Grahamn wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:21 pm
I've had both SEAT and VW's versions and both work with the original OVERALL file. VW tends to have a lot more European countries on their mapping data versions than SEAT (unlike our original maps), so apart from the download etc taking a bit longer, both work. But again, keep pristine copies of the current set that works.
Thank you. So can I use the auto-updater VW tool that has been suggested on the Arona forum? Is that still a smoothly working solution? Also is the version on the SEAT website the actual latest version or has it "stopped" at V7 as some posters seem to suggest?

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 pm

I've no experience of the auto-updater and given we're not on any mapcare cover, I'd stick with the basic moving of files yourself, rather than entrust that to some script/code that may not do what you want/need.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Glad you got it sorted in the end
I would also recommend doing it yourself by downloading the latest maps from https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/

Then select a current VW model
Then select "Discover Media" unit
Then select the Map you want to download and proceed as per the original instructions

The Maps are updated twice a year, so check back May/June and November/December each year, the website shows the updated date (in American format)
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:35 pm
Glad you got it sorted in the end
I would also recommend doing it yourself by downloading the latest maps from https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/

Then select a current VW model
Then select "Discover Media" unit
Then select the Map you want to download and proceed as per the original instructions

The Maps are updated twice a year, so check back May/June and November/December each year, the website shows the updated date (in American format)
Thanks a lot. Manually did it as suggested and it’s working as if there was never even a problem in the first place! Thanks so much for your help Graham and Bedlam!

AtecaChris

Post by AtecaChris » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Does anyone have an MY20 Ateca yet and if so what version maps come with it? I'm expecting mine in Nov. If it's possible to do I can copy the card and upload it to Google Drive.
Ordered Xcellence Lux 2.0 TSI DSG 4drive in Velvet Red (MY20). Ordered Aug 22nd 2019 (Wk 34). Build date 27th Oct (Wk 44). Waiting for confirmation of delivery date but been told 3rd week Nov :shock:

dasalias

Post by dasalias » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:21 pm

AtecaChris wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm
Does anyone have an MY20 Ateca yet and if so what version maps come with it? I'm expecting mine in Nov. If it's possible to do I can copy the card and upload it to Google Drive.
I have a MY20 Ateca. It came with V7 a couple of days after delivery. I have no need for V7, as I am using the 1310 version from my old Ateca.
Lava Blue 2.0 TSI Xcellence Lux 4Drive DSG, Space Saver Spare.

stepdey

Post by stepdey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Same problem with my SD card , I've just changed from a 2018 Leon to a 2017 Ateca , the maps on the Ateca were dated Nov 2016 , I had previously successfully updated the maps on the Leon to June 2019 following the instructions from another forum
So I thought I might as well update the Ateca maps, did this Wednesday and I've ended up with exactly the same error messages as coolnikhit28 has, I took special care doublechecking my work as in the past I had a problem with the OVERALL.NDS file structure, eventually I think it was TELL or bedlam who came up with a link to download the uncorrupted flie , which I did and everything updated/worked as it should thankfully.

The only thing that I know I didn't do was "safely eject" the card from the Sat Nav slot1.

So I'm in the same boat as you, searching for a link where I can download the OVERALL.NDS file applicable to the year/ version originally fitted in my Ateca.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”