Hidden/Discovered Gems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Tell

Re: Hidden/Discovered Gems

Post by Tell » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 am

I read that to mean if Seat had tried they could have put some more storage in that area. I'm now feeling disappointed.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 pm

Tell wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 am
I read that to mean if Seat had tried they could have put some more storage in that area. I'm now feeling disappointed.
So, what's new?

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the stop start arguments as got board of that thread very quickly, so appologies if it is. I've just noticed this morning that if I move the steering wheel just slightly when the engine has stopped, it starts back up again. So no need in DSG to break really gently or press the accelerator or whatever you do, just tweak the steering wheel :o Sorry if old news but I found this quite useful :D
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Kindness71 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the stop start arguments as got board of that thread very quickly, so appologies if it is. I've just noticed this morning that if I move the steering wheel just slightly when the engine has stopped, it starts back up again. So no need in DSG to break really gently or press the accelerator or whatever you do, just tweak the steering wheel :o Sorry if old news but I found this quite useful :D
Yup, I mentioned it .... about 50 times ;)
Not surprised you got bored of the thread though lol :)
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Saggy wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:47 pm
Kindness71 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am
Yup, I mentioned it .... about 50 times ;)
Not surprised you got bored of the thread though lol :)
I've tried to erase that thread from my memory :lol: ; still, a few others have been not far off :shock:

Leon's acerbic wit helps getting me through some stuff now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm

Not sure if already mentioned somewhere, but only discovered this today with the centre armrest.

It's got a ratchet in the hinge so if you have a drinks bottle in the holder and need to move the armrest forward it hits the bottle, so you can crank it up at an angle to lift the front over the bottle... Clever!!
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Ghiggz wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm
Not sure if already mentioned somewhere, but only discovered this today with the centre armrest.

It's got a ratchet in the hinge so if you have a drinks bottle in the holder and need to move the armrest forward it hits the bottle, so you can crank it up at an angle to lift the front over the bottle... Clever!!
Ghiggz, yes this has been mentioned before - I started this thread off with it! Its good innit? Hadn't thought about the benefit of raising over the bottle, I was just happy about the arm-rest actually resting my arm! Don't worry about finding stuff that others have found, the point is to keep up sharing what we love about the car. There's enough negatve stuff around - we need some balance. Thanks and keep sharing...
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Hahaha what a thwaite I look now adding that on six pages after it was the original post!!

Yeah we taken kids out for day and went to slide it forward and it hit the wife's water bottle, and it was her who said it lifts up at the front look and slid it over the bottle....

On an mpg note, we've driven about 100 miles to our destination, and it's only gone down one bar on the fuel gauge.. :P
Last edited by Ghiggz on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Ghiggz wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:52 pm
Hahaha what a thwaite I look now adding that on six pages after it was the original post!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Emjay

Post by Emjay » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:33 am

I came across my left (near side) mirror moving down when I put my Ateca in Reverse. I have
noticed it needed to have the electric mirror controller set to L. I know it’s not “Amazing” but it’s my little gem that makes me smile.
2021- Facelift SEAT Ateca SE technology -The Connected One. 1.5 Black Manual.
Nippy little thing… & Coventry City & England follower.