New to this..

All Seat Ateca related discussions
melissa1709
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am

New to this..

Post by melissa1709 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 am

Hi all!

I am new to the ateca forums but have been reading topics over the last week or so and thought I'd join in :)

So I ordered the Ateca SE Tech 1.0 in white Saturday 11th Feb. Currently have an Ibiza and fancied something bigger! I was very lucky as I'd been to a few dealerships who were all quoting me June delivery.. However I managed to get my hands on a cancelled order which was apparently already at the dock waiting to be shipped! (It was the exact one I would have gone for, too) :)

Just had confirmation today that it's on the ship on its way to the UK but to bear in mind it wil need to be transported to the dealer once it arrives. Does anyone know how long it will take to get to the UK and then how long before it gets to the dealer?

I am very excited but concerned I may miss out on registration before the Tax changes!!

Also - how is everyone finding their new Atecas? I have never driven a big car before!

Thanks all!


Golfmk56
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Re: New to this..

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 am

Hi.

Seems like you've been given two conficting reports:

1: Ordered 11th Feb, cancelled order awaiting at dock ready to be shipped
2: 20th Mar, it's on the ship

Wouldn't have thought the car spent 5wks at the docks. Assuming the lastest info is true and your car is currently in the middle of the North Sea, then on average it should be another week or so - it's borderline for the change in tax duties.

If I were you I'd contact my dealer and ask them to do everything they can so the car will be registered by end of this month otherwise you'll pay over £400 extra in taxes over the next 3 years.


melissa1709
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am

Re: New to this..

Post by melissa1709 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:13 am

Thank you for your reply, totally a mistake on my part there, i ordered on 11th March.

Ahhh I know. Originally he said it should be 2 weeks, maybe sooner as he thought the car would be shipped by Monday 13th. This hasn't been the case obviously if he is just confirming today it's been shipped, so slightly worried!


Imcle5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Re: New to this..

Post by Imcle5 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

I am coming form an ibiza to the ateca aswell i also ordered a 1.0 which arrived thursday it does feel bigger obviously but i feel it drives well and no problems i was worried the 1.0 engine might struggle in a car this big but no problems at all few funny looks as there arent many around here yet
1.0 se bila white, double boot floor, convenience pack and tinted windows delivery 15/03/2017


User avatar
Kindness71
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: New to this..

Post by Kindness71 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

If you have had confirmation that it's on the ship now, it looks like it will be on the Nordic Ace due in to the Port of Tyne tomorrow at 5pm. This looks to be the only car carrier due in to one of the 3 ports used by SEAT in the UK. You can track that ship from its current location at Emden with this

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9386225

I would give your dealer a call on Wednesday to say you believe your car is in the UK and when they can organise the transport. This often gives them a nudge to get the car transporter organised. If this all goes to plan I would say you should have the car before next weekend. :D
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor


melissa1709
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am

Re: New to this..

Post by melissa1709 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Imcle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am
I am coming form an ibiza to the ateca aswell i also ordered a 1.0 which arrived thursday it does feel bigger obviously but i feel it drives well and no problems i was worried the 1.0 engine might struggle in a car this big but no problems at all few funny looks as there arent many around here yet
Thank you for your reply! Yeah I haven't actually seen any on the roads when I've been out and about


melissa1709
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:42 am

Re: New to this..

Post by melissa1709 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Kindness71 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am
If you have had confirmation that it's on the ship now, it looks like it will be on the Nordic Ace due in to the Port of Tyne tomorrow at 5pm. This looks to be the only car carrier due in to one of the 3 ports used by SEAT in the UK. You can track that ship from its current location at Emden with this

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9386225

I would give your dealer a call on Wednesday to say you believe your car is in the UK and when they can organise the transport. This often gives them a nudge to get the car transporter organised. If this all goes to plan I would say you should have the car before next weekend. :D

Fab, thank you so much for your help! Will definitley give them a call on Wednesday, how long does it usually take for them to get it transported over and then prepped for collection?


Peter2017
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Re: New to this..

Post by Peter2017 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

We ordered 15 Jan and took delivery last week. We love it, lovely smooth drive but haven't seen any others! We had been using our sons Ibiza whilst waiting for this to arrive.
Ateca 1.0 ECO TSi SE Technology in Navada White with park assist and rear tinted windows :D


Tony123
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: New to this..

Post by Tony123 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm

I was told today that my car will land on Thursday but Kindness71 says there is no more ships landing this week, how can I find out Kindness71.
Sorry for muscling in on your chat, enjoy your car.


User avatar
Kindness71
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm
Location: Newcastle
Contact:

Re: New to this..

Post by Kindness71 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Tony123 wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 pm
I was told today that my car will land on Thursday but Kindness71 says there is no more ships landing this week, how can I find out Kindness71.
Sorry for muscling in on your chat, enjoy your car.
Sorry Tony. They are fibbing then when saying the car was on the ship as only takes 24 hrs to get here. There is a ship the city of Amsterdam due into port of sheerness on Thursday. It must be on that :)

[url][http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/hom ... oom:10/url]
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor


Post Reply

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests