Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Xcellence leather seats - good or bad?

16K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Katana 
#1 ·
Hi. Just ordered my Xcellence so I have the 'No Option' of leather seats. I've never had a car with leather seats before and I've tended to avoid them. This is mainly due to the bad press over them being either too hot, too cold, or too slippery. In order to allay my concerns, can some of you guys give me some words of encouragement that the Ateca seats, at least, are good ones?

Thanks

#27 ·
We had a really hot summer with temperatures around 36 and yes the leather was hot but it took only a few seconds to cool them seats by sitting down and turning the aircon. I also love the heating - very nice feeling :) I will never ever by a car without leather seats.

#28 ·
I have always preferred leather seats in cars. My previous Lexus IS 250 had the most wonderful soft leather seats that are heated and cooled via perforated leather by the air conditioning. Leather upholstery dos add significant quality to a car's interior in my opinion. The Ateca's leather seats are extremely comfortable and supportive and although the quality of the leather is not equal to the Lexus it's not that far off and the seats firm yet comfortable and the smell of new leather is fantastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.