Seat maintenance and servicing plans

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Geezer93

Re: Seat maintenance and servicing plans

Post by Geezer93 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 pm

May I add a warning on taking out VAG Service Plans.

Should you sell the car earlier than you might have expected and during the period of the plan, you may lose money because you are unable to transfer to another car. You can cancel the plan but you might not have had the full value from your payments at that point.

I suffered on a 3 yr plan when I sold my Golf to take the Ateca, but it had to be done.

My dealer is not selling the SEAT plans, only their own service plans, because they have had many complaints about this. So just something you should be aware of when considering your options.
Ateca SE Tech 1.4TSI DSG Black Magic

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:05 pm

I've just signed up to a 3 service plan directly with the dealer. They use EMaC Ltd which is the same company that was used when I covered my previous Mitsubishi. I cancelled that agreement when I got the Ateca and I had no problems getting a refund of unspent contributions less a £25 cancellation admin fee.

The only annoying thing was when I asked EMaC if I could transfer the plan to the new dealership. I told them who it was and they said they didn't have a contract with them :roll: . Could have saved myself the £25 fee.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Excellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am

Curious - the fixed-price service plans can be transferred with the vehicle to the new owner; they go with the vehicle (as you'd expect; although most general services are one price, some items do vary be vehicle). So if selling the vehicle you should price that in (http://www.seat.co.uk/content/dam/count ... -servicing).

The key stipulation is "once all payments have been made" and "non-refundable". It is a bit of a gotcha, I'll give you that - they are good value, but only if it fits your circumstances. The up-side is you can go to any SEAT dealer/service centre, however. In fairness SEAT do call it out but they don't make it absolutely obvious (I didn't spot it when signing up).

If you intend on selling/changing your car in 2 years before the second service (2 year plan), or 3 years before the third service (3 year plan) then it doeesn't work out. If you intend on selling/changing after 3 years (or 30,000 miles) then all good.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:33 am

Etchings wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 am
Curious - the fixed-price service plans can be transferred with the vehicle to the new owner; they go with the vehicle (as you'd expect;
'
I bought a 5 year service plan with my previous car as they were offering it at a very good price. (Worked out around £75 a service!) That too was transferrable. The car however wasn't for me and after 18 months, I sold it. Told the garage the car came with a service plan included which was transferrable.

Now here's the issue. Selling private then the service plan option should be a plus factor, but selling to the trade? The car sat at the dealership for around 4 months and never once did they advertise the fact it came with 4 free manufacturer services. When I called in to the garage I mentioned that to them - wouldn't the car have sold quicker if you'd advertised the free services? They said probably, but they also managed to sell their own servicing package with the car !!! :o

And that's the trouble - there's more profit to be made by selling 'extras' with the car so in the case of free servicing or free warranty - the trade won't give you a penny more for your car because it's not in their interests to obtain a car with these packages included.

That's something I'd never considered before. :idea: So my old car was infact sold with TWO servicing packages!

Moral of the above dribble? For anyone purchasing a used car - ALWAYS contact the previous owner to check it's history.

missy

Post by missy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Had been intending getting the full service plan thing as my car had arrived and I intended to keepnit several years.

However, due to the problem I had with dealership and their latest 'oops' moment they did not order my factory extended warranty. Now I am to swap mu car with identical with warranty. That means dealership orders and another wait until 'swap' day in a few months.

So should it be a problem not putting service deal on 'my' car now even if it could takes months until replacement arrives?
Seat SE 1.4 Tech, petrol, manual, in Nevada white, front camera, spare tyre and towbar. Also winter pack :)

Unconfirmed Build date was Wk '19', then 31,38, then 31. Now confirmed Wk 22

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi Missy - Given you're getting the car changed in a few months, there's no benefit that I can see to putting a service plan on your current vehicle...it's unlikely to be ready for a service by the time you swap. Take one out on the new car if you want to, when it arrives.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:22 am

Yep, agree totally with Grahamn - unless you're expecting to wait over a year / 10,000 miles until you get the replacement then you won't need to get the car serviced so no point.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:28 am

3 Year Service plan in Ireland is €300 so we are going with that. Gets the car serviced once a year as we do a lot of KM

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:01 am

I thought the service plan seemed reasonable. Even moreso after Kia called and offered me a 3 year plan on our cee'd for a total of £640!

I asked her why I would pay all that, drive miles to the service centre, when I could take it to my regular mechanic less than a mile away, for a lot less. Needless to say she didn't have an answer to that.
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:30 pm

As I have a 4 year PCP deal I've gone for the 3 service plan. This works out at £544. It doesn't save a huge amount (I think it was around £90) over the period but it still averages out at just £181 per service which is quite a bit cheaper than my Mitsubishi ASX. The first and third are actually cheaper than the average because the second picks up additional parts and fluids to replace. Does this look similar to others in the UK?
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Excellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”