Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Courtesy Lights

12K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  culloch93 
#1 ·
Are they supposed to come on when the doors are opened? I can't find any settings and they don't seem to work in daylight. Waited until it got dark and the leaving home stuff all worked OK, the footwell lights are on and there is a red light above the gear lever, but no courtesy lights back or front?

#2 ·
If you got them you might have to turn them on in the cars settings. Only front, side doors think we are talking "ambient door lighting" ?.

Think yours will be red only, page 142 of the November manual

Ambient light*

The ambient lighting in the door panels may
change colour. The intensity of these lights
can be adjusted using the radio menu (see
Easy Connect > Light Settings >
Interior lighting›››  page 27).

#3 ·
Thanks Tell but I'm not talking about ambient lighting, just the really old fashioned "open a door and the interior light comes on"
You really need it a night to get in the car and grope around for your seatbelt etc especially in the back seats.

#4 ·
Sure it's not a switch over your head which you flick off incase you want to do nefarious things with the ambient lights. Page 25 of the November manual, fig 38 although I'm sure I have more switches than that.

#5 ·
Phosphoric said:
there is a red light above the gear lever
Does anyone else have this red light above the gear leaver as I don't think my car has this?

Could this be because I have the panoramic sunroof?

#6 ·
The courtesy lights come on when you open the door, so long as you have the switch in the mid position.

There are two small red lights which illuminate the centre console and there is a white light in the phone cubby hole.

Tell, you are right, the picture in the manual is completely different, it should have more switches.

#7 ·
Got it thanks :)
Tell, fig.38 on page 25 is correct for my car. The centre switch is a rocker, off or on. I couldn't see that it was in the Off position last night as it was dark...............................with no interior light ;)

#8 ·
Jonny said:
Phosphoric said:
there is a red light above the gear lever
Does anyone else have this red light above the gear leaver as I don't think my car has this?

Could this be because I have the panoramic sunroof?
I find I can only really notice it when I have my hand on the gearstick. Tbh I think it's smart, they have absolutely nailed the lighting on this car inside and out.

#9 ·
I'm not so sure whether the panoramic roof variant has the red light as Jonny suggests. I've never noticed it. I had it on my old car. It's pretty dark inside going along apart from the ambient lighting.

If the red light is anywhere near the glasses storage case that would explain it.

From the brochure:

Panoramic sunroof (Deletes glasses storage compartment in roof console)

Might be a hidden gem I've missed if it's there.

#10 ·
I definitely don't have any red lights above my gear leaver!

#11 ·
We need a photo of where the light emits from Jonny by someone has has it, I'll have look after dark.

#14 ·
Xcellence with panoramic roof:

Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Family car Machine

Suspect the red lights are buried where the panoramic controls are at the top unless those small lens things in Freddies picture are them, left off the panoramic control cluster ?. It's red light less. Least we know which switch toggles on the door interior lights by model.

Attachments

#16 ·
I wonder why SEAT omitted the red LED lights from vehicles with the panoramic sunroof?!!

After all they are designed to illuminate in darkness therefore they can't say the panoramic sunroof provides additional light!

My Golf and Eos had the red led lights and it did look really good.

#17 ·
Still we get a more elegant switch control setup Jonny :). We get to switch the rear lights looking at that.

This may explain why I find it so dark inside when trying to find controls on the move and yes that fumble with the SS switch till I neutralised it.

#18 ·
I agree Tell. I didn't realise that the roof switch control setup with the panoramic sunroof was so different. It definitely looks more elegant.

I thought we might just have a couple of additional buttons. Still it would have been nice to have the red led downlighting.

#19 ·
Well that's weird & unexpected, Fred my xcellence interior light section is completely different to yours. You look like you don't have the sunglass compartment? :eek:

Car Fixture Personal luxury car Tints and shades Auto part

Attachments

#20 ·
Kindness71 said:
Well that's weird & unexpected, Fred my xcellence interior light section is completely different to yours. You look like you don't have the sunglass compartment? :eek:
. . . at least you have the red led downlight's!! :lol: :lol:

#22 ·
Spark, a lot more buttons than that and menu options to get lost in and twig to get it working even better.

G
#23 ·
Tell said:
If the red light is anywhere near the glasses storage case that would explain it.
I had those on my Mk6 Golf some 8 years ago. There where two tiny LEDs on the ceiling console near the interior light switches, which gave sort of red "glow" to the center console and gear stick area. You could only see that very faint red light when it was completely dark. When you put your hand on the gear stick, it was kind of illuminated by this red glow. Maybe Ateca has those same LEDs, but not on all trim levels?

#24 ·
I had them in my Altea I had for 12 years prior to this one... the nearest Seat for runner to this car :). It provided useful light. I hadn't twigged until it was mentioned that I hadn't got them. Bit bizarre to leave them off the panoramic combined light / roof cluster controls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.