Speed cameras

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Darrin3333

Speed cameras

Post by Darrin3333 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:46 pm

I know this subject has been exhausted already but I'm struggling to get my head around what needs to be done to get cameras onto the ad card/sat nav.
Just wanting to know, do you need a 2nd card?
Do they get added to the original ad card?
What or where is the best download for cameras?
Is it easy to do?

Any help would be much appreciated
ATeca Xcellence 1.4 EcoTSI Xcellence 150 PS 6 Speed manual, Bila White, top view camera, heated windscreen, Electric tailgate and connectivity hub.

dasalias

Re: Speed cameras

Post by dasalias » Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 pm

You need a second card, but only to load the cameras onto the media unit. You can remove it from the unit when loading has completed. Camera info is not added to the original card.
I download camera data from www.pocketgpsworld.com, which is pretty comprehensive and frequently updated. You have to subscribe to get the data.

The procedure from download to display on the satnav is fairly complex the first time you do it, but it gets easier with practice. I have the end-to-end procedure written down. PM me if you want a copy.
Reflex Silver 1.4 TSI Xcellence, Driving Assistance Pack 2, Xcellence Pack, Double Floor, Front & Rear Mudflaps, Space Saver Spare.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Sun May 07, 2017 7:11 am

Hi
Could you pm me the procedure ? What this forum needs is FAQ only technical guides section like many other forms have
Thanks.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

kee

Post by kee » Sun May 07, 2017 8:05 am

Hi, pm sent, not that I drive over the speed limit ever! :p
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 am

For those without Nav, and with an Android phone, there is a good free tomtom speed cameras app in play store, you just run it (with gps active), it sits as a little bubble icon on the corner of your screen, it puts a speed limit sign on the screen to show you limit of road you on if you have phone in a cradle, and even if you dont, it 'pings' as you approach any cams on the database..
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

kee

Post by kee » Sun May 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Ghiggz wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 9:54 am
For those without Nav, and with an Android phone, there is a good free tomtom speed cameras app in play store, you just run it (with gps active), it sits as a little bubble icon on the corner of your screen, it puts a speed limit sign on the screen to show you limit of road you on if you have phone in a cradle, and even if you dont, it 'pings' as you approach any cams on the database..
What's this app called?
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

garythebong

Post by garythebong » Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 am

Hi please could you send me a copy of the step by step instructions, that would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Mon May 08, 2017 1:29 pm

kee wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 2:58 pm
What's this app called?
TomTom speed cameras
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

kee

Post by kee » Mon May 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Ghiggz wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 1:29 pm
kee wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 2:58 pm
What's this app called?
TomTom speed cameras
*face slap* lol

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Mon May 08, 2017 7:35 pm

dasalias wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 pm
The procedure from download to display on the satnav is fairly complex the first time you do it, but it gets easier with practice. I have the end-to-end procedure written down. PM me if you want a copy.
Thanks Dasalias for sending me the instructions - they worked a treat and I now get speed camera notifications! :D
White Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI:
19" Exclusive wheels
Panoramic sunroof
Xcellence Pack (top view cam, park assist & electric tailgate with pedal)
Seat Sound + spare wheel
Heated windscreen
Driving Assistance Pack 2
Accessories to pimp my ride :lol:

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”