Space Saver Wheel

All Seat Ateca related discussions
fujixpro

Space Saver Wheel

Post by fujixpro » Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi all,

Has anybody out there with 19 inch rims heard any talk of space savers being available from SEAT, I still hate driving without a spare wheel and having to rely on a can of gunk to repair my tyre in case of a puncture, Regards from Fujipro.

Howie669

Re: Space Saver Wheel

Post by Howie669 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am

I bought a space saver wheel for my SE Tech (18's as standard) and SEAT provide a 16" space saver - they have assured me it will fit over the brake caliper on the front (i had an issue with a civic type r a few years back where the 16" space saver wheel actually only fits on the rear and if you have a front puncture you have to put a rear wheel on the front and space saver on the back).....

I think this 16" kit is from a LEON as the Ateca specific one wasn't avaialble
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Many thanks for your response Howie669

1970ateca

Post by 1970ateca » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Just found theses on the web

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/space-sa ... seat-ateca

Has anyone bought one? I know you can then get the jack and securing nut from seat to fix to the car.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Howie669 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am
I bought a space saver wheel for my SE Tech (18's as standard) and SEAT provide a 16" space saver - they have assured me it will fit over the brake caliper on the front (i had an issue with a civic type r a few years back where the 16" space saver wheel actually only fits on the rear and if you have a front puncture you have to put a rear wheel on the front and space saver on the back).....

The 16" one will not fit! Your dealer is talking rubbish look at the manual and the sticker on the car. You need a 18" space saver. Even if you just offer up the 16" to your car you can visual see the car won't be right with a 16".
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

SparK

Post by SparK » Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 pm

I've never had a space saver, always a complete replacement tyre. Am I understanding correctly that for the 18" alloys on the ateca you need a specific 18" space saver?
1.4TSI XC

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm

jamesiow wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:35 pm
Howie669 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 am

The 16" one will not fit! Your dealer is talking rubbish look at the manual and the sticker on the car. You need a 18" space saver. Even if you just offer up the 16" to your car you can visual see the car won't be right with a 16".

Here's an email from the service manager to the sales manager that was forwarded to me when I asked the question why it was 16 that they supplied, I need to pop by when I have the car not the wife:-

Hi Luke, I’ve never had to put the SEAT supplied spare on the front of an Ateca as yet, but can’t imagine that they would build and supply a spare wheel that doesn’t fit. If it helps when the customer comes by for the free fuel, I’ll take off a front wheel and try his spare if he wishes?

Cheers
Andy
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 am

hi,
If you look in the manual and also the tyre pressure sticker, they both say clearly space saver spare must be "125/70r/18" and also email SEAT UK and ask them to they will confirm 125/70r/18 and do not put a 16" on your car! I had a 16" unused from my Leon which again my local dealer assured me 100% and it would fit but this is absolute bull, get the dealer to fit it or try to the car, and you'll see what I mean your car will be lopsidedI certainly would not even like to move in the car park.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

Myteca

Post by Myteca » Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 pm

I didn't get the option of a spare with mine (lease car), which came with the optional 19". The standard Seat 18" space saver spare is vastly different in diameter to the 19" setup, which I wouldn't be happy putting a 4wd. The closest space saver spare I can find is an Audi 20" version, 145/60/20, which is the closest match for the 19" setup, and an exact match for the 18" setup.
2.0 Tdi 190 Xcellance. Black. And constantly mucky looking...

missy

Post by missy » Sat May 20, 2017 9:40 pm

I jave been told by my dealer that ssaver wheels are a universal size and that they are not replacement wheels but designed to get to the nearest suitable tyre repair place.. i was told speed with one on should be leas than 50mph.

Seems they are all 16" necause of the storage space in the boot and no other wheel would fit with tyre on it.
Seat SE 1.4 Tech, petrol, manual, in Nevada white, front camera, spare tyre and towbar. Also winter pack :)

Unconfirmed Build date was Wk '19', then 31,38, then 31. Now confirmed Wk 22

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”