Space Saver Wheel

All Seat Ateca related discussions
KaAlGsy

Re: Space Saver Wheel

Post by KaAlGsy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Thank you grahamn, esp for the pic as I can take it to my dealer who seems to be blaming everything on Seat and saying they (Seat) didn't know because it is such a new model.
Reflex Silver 4Drive Auto Excellence, many bells and whistles.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:10 am

KaAlGsy wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:22 pm
Tet70 - Do you have a floor on top of the spare wheel?
Yes I have. I have the same kind of system as in Grahamn's photo. The floor on top of it might be adjustable, if I remove the spare and that styrofoam thingy with different compartments in it, I'm not sure about that. With the spare and all other stuff in place, it only has one level - no adjustment possible. It's about one inch lower than the loading threshold.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

KaAlGsy

Post by KaAlGsy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Thank you Grahamn and Yet 70, you have both been most helpful. :D
Reflex Silver 4Drive Auto Excellence, many bells and whistles.

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 am

If I have 19" alloys coming in mine (6 weeks away), will the space saver wheel also be a 19" version?

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Welshman,

Nice to hear your getting 19'' alloys , would be nice to know if you get a spare as I was supplied with one of those daft kits with the foam stuff, I,ve still not heard back from SEAT re getting a space saver, and that was months ago.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 am

You only get a spare if you order it or buy the SEAT sound system as you must have a spare to house the woofer. Just because you have 19" wheels does not mean that you need a 19" spare as the tyre size used will give it the same diameter. You are not supposed to drive on the spare for more than a short distance and at low speed (less than 50mph). It is only there to get you home or to the nearest tyre place. It is a bit misleading to call it a "Spare" as it would be better described as an "Emergency Wheel".
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Thank you for the clarification. I have the SEAT Sound, so the "spare" comes with it.

fujixpro

Post by fujixpro » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Will look into that info Fred99, thanks a lot.

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 am

Fred99 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 am
You only get a spare if you order it or buy the SEAT sound system as you must have a spare to house the woofer. Just because you have 19" wheels does not mean that you need a 19" spare as the tyre size used will give it the same diameter. You are not supposed to drive on the spare for more than a short distance and at low speed (less than 50mph). It is only there to get you home or to the nearest tyre place. It is a bit misleading to call it a "Spare" as it would be better described as an "Emergency Wheel".
Yeah really did not enjoy using my spare when I got my first puncture, I didn't like going over 30 on it :? I drove straight to my mates garage on it to get it fixed. Second time it happened on the same blumin wheel :roll: I just went to the nearest garage & luckily they managed to plug it again. I haven't checked in a few months but hoping the replacement tyres are becoming easier to get hold of & maybe a bit cheaper?
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Kindness71 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 am
Yeah really did not enjoy using my spare when I got my first puncture, I didn't like going over 30 on it :? I drove straight to my mates garage on it to get it fixed. Second time it happened on the same blumin wheel :roll: I just went to the nearest garage & luckily they managed to plug it again. I haven't checked in a few months but hoping the replacement tyres are becoming easier to get hold of & maybe a bit cheaper?
The high-street tyre outlets still don't let you spec the odd size online; but you can find 'em through places like Blackcircles and MyTyres.

Annoying thing is there is a Michelin Primacy 3 variant that some places offer, but it's Audi OEM fit.

Halfords Autocentres stock the Falkens at a decent enough price, but not the Bridgestones :(
National Tyres also stock a 96Y (so higher load and speed rating) Pirelli tyre too for less the than Bridgestones seem to be - again no Bridgestones :(

Or you can go through a re-branded outlet of Delticom (German tyre wholesaler by the looks of things, with various .co.uk store fronts) for the Bridgestones if you can be bothered with the hassle of waiting for a delivery and arranging separate fitting.

So all in all still a P.I.T.A to get replacements.
On order: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Now 'at dealers' 8-)

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”