Votes: 40 58.0%
  • <t>No</t>

Votes: 29 42.0%

Heated Windscreen Poll

15K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  MGDisco 
#1 ·
what is the forum split?

#2 ·
I don't, but if I'd got a factory order rather than a stock order that was already at the docks, it was an item I was going to add.

#5 ·
Bartel said:
The tiny hair lines would bug me
I hate it on my dads ford
+ sounds like you can't get a replacement windscreen anytime soon!!

#6 ·
I've got it and think its great, not just for ice/snow but when the windscreen is misted up. Clears it in minutes :D

#7 ·
Didn't go for it myself - only had to use an ice scraper once in my 18 years of motoring and not at all on my past two cars so although a nice to have I'd never use it enough to justify it.

Then again, with just over haf this forum going for it I'm wondering if I've missed a trick! :roll:

#8 ·
Brilliant Poll... Up to March of this year, SEAT sold just over 44,000 Ateca's and Saggy's trying to prove 1/3 of them have heated windscreens.

That's just under 15,000 cars Saggy - so far you've got three !!! Only 14,997 to go... :lol:

It's best leaving polls to the likes of John Curtice.

Seriously... A much better idea for a pole would be how many people have ordered a heated windscreen after having already had a heated windscreen in their previous car because my suspicions are that just like auto-parking - people think 'hey that sounds like a good idea' and fork out £££'s only to find that when they've lived with them for a few years, in reality they hardly ever use these toys.

#9 ·
Etchings said:
Didn't go for it myself - only had to use an ice scraper once in my 18 years of motoring and not at all on my past two cars so although a nice to have I'd never use it enough to justify it.

Then again, with just over haf this forum going for it I'm wondering if I've missed a trick! :roll:
Classic buyers remorse!

#11 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Brilliant Poll... Up to March of this year, SEAT sold just over 44,000 Ateca's and Saggy's trying to prove 1/3 of them have heated windscreens.

That's just under 15,000 cars Saggy - so far you've got three !!! Only 14,997 to go... :lol:

Seriously... A much better idea for a pole would be how many people have ordered a heated windscreen after having already had a heated windscreen in their previous car because my suspicions are that just like auto-parking - people think 'hey that sounds like a good idea' and fork out £££'s only to find that when they've lived with them for a few years, in reality they hardly ever use these toys.
I'm in - another heated windscreen here ! And IMO the best value option at £150 on the Excellence trim - not really a £££ option if you ask me. Much use made during a west of Scotland winter, BTW ! :D

#13 ·
mcderms said:
Golfmk56 said:
Talking of getting misted up, where's Tell these days?
Hmmmm :?: :?: :?: :?: On holiday? In the huff?
Sorry - off topic, Golfmk56 :p
He's busy posting loads of very complicated technical stuff on one of the other forums. Mostly about modifying the software with OBDeleven, plus more than a few threads about how crap the Ateca is because he can't stretch out in the passenger seat - Oh, and don't forget the leather.

Sadly, no one else seems to be reading it so he doesn't get many opportunities to patronise anyone :lol:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=327

#14 ·
mcderms said:
Golfmk56 said:

I'm in - another heated windscreen here ! And IMO the best value option at £150 on the Excellence trim - not really a £££ option if you ask me. Much use made during a west of Scotland winter, BTW ! :D
I couldn't agree more Mcderms. I've never had a car with a heated windscreen before, however I've always been envious when my wife had a car with one!

I often leave the house around 6am, and not having to spend 5 to 10 minutes waiting for my windscreen to clear won't take me long to recoup what I paid for this option when I put a value on the time I will save!

#15 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Kindness71 said:
I've got it and think its great, not just for ice/snow but when the windscreen is misted up. Clears it in minutes :D
'
Try turning on your Aircon - clears in seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Talking of getting misted up, where's Tell these days?
Think he's been banned again and now appears to have taken over the seatcupra.net forums :lol:

#16 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Had it before on other cars and was a factor in going for the Ateca for us - very desirable to have for our winters

#17 ·
60:40 split the the moment.... probably reflects the split between northerners and southerners! Haha

#19 ·
I've ordered one as I do the school run then commute to work so don't want to be spending time scraping ice and waiting for the windscreen to defrost on those cold winter mornings. Or sitting in the company car park, after everyone has left, still waiting for it to clear 😂

I've got a qashqai at the moment and it takes forever

#21 ·
I love the heated windscreen, it saves so much time on the early morning school bus run. Never had it before the Ateca but now see it as an essential feature. We used it loads last winter - we live in the East.

#22 ·
can anyone who has a heated windscreen categorically say that they can't see the lines/ distortion on their windscreen? that is the main thing that puts me off, else i can see (no the pun intended!) the benefit

#23 ·
I can only go by the heated screen in my S-max and on a foggy day or bright sunshin I see the wires. But a small price to pay when you watch everyone scraping there windscreens and you can sit back and wait. But I didn't order one for my Ateca as I hardly ever used it.

#24 ·
You can see the elements in some conditions but you quickly adapt to looking past them. I just don't notice mine now.

#25 ·
DSG4WD said:
You can see the elements in some conditions but you quickly adapt to looking past them. I just don't notice mine now.
Agreed - focus your eyes on the road ahead, and the heating elements become far less noticeable; that said I THINK (but am not certain) that Ford, as the manufacturer that really pioneered heated screens, have finer heating elements in the screen than the Ateca does?

Maybe those with Fords as current / previous cars can comment?

#26 ·
On coming headlights at night caused scattering of light due to the wires trough the screen. This I found annoying on the ford I owned. Not sure how it affects the seat?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.