Heated Windscreen Poll

All Seat Ateca related discussions

Do you have (or have you ordered) a heated windscreen?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 68

mcderms

Re: Heated Windscreen Poll

Post by mcderms » Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 pm
Brilliant Poll... Up to March of this year, SEAT sold just over 44,000 Ateca's and Saggy's trying to prove 1/3 of them have heated windscreens.

That's just under 15,000 cars Saggy - so far you've got three !!! Only 14,997 to go... :lol:

It's best leaving polls to the likes of John Curtice.

Seriously... A much better idea for a pole would be how many people have ordered a heated windscreen after having already had a heated windscreen in their previous car because my suspicions are that just like auto-parking - people think 'hey that sounds like a good idea' and fork out £££'s only to find that when they've lived with them for a few years, in reality they hardly ever use these toys.
I'm in - another heated windscreen here ! And IMO the best value option at £150 on the Excellence trim - not really a £££ option if you ask me. Much use made during a west of Scotland winter, BTW ! :D
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Talking of getting misted up, where's Tell these days?
Hmmmm :?: :?: :?: :?: On holiday? In the huff?
Sorry - off topic, Golfmk56 :P
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:56 pm

mcderms wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm
Golfmk56 wrote:
Hmmmm :?: :?: :?: :?: On holiday? In the huff?
Sorry - off topic, Golfmk56 :P
He's busy posting loads of very complicated technical stuff on one of the other forums. Mostly about modifying the software with OBDeleven, plus more than a few threads about how crap the Ateca is because he can't stretch out in the passenger seat - Oh, and don't forget the leather.

Sadly, no one else seems to be reading it so he doesn't get many opportunities to patronise anyone :lol:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=327
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 pm

mcderms wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm
Golfmk56 wrote:
Brilliant Poll... Up to March of this year, SEAT sold just over 44,000 Ateca's and Saggy's trying to prove 1/3 of them have heated windscreens.

That's just under 15,000 cars Saggy - so far you've got three !!! Only 14,997 to go... :lol:

It's best leaving polls to the likes of John Curtice.

Seriously... A much better idea for a pole would be how many people have ordered a heated windscreen after having already had a heated windscreen in their previous car because my suspicions are that just like auto-parking - people think 'hey that sounds like a good idea' and fork out £££'s only to find that when they've lived with them for a few years, in reality they hardly ever use these toys.
I'm in - another heated windscreen here ! And IMO the best value option at £150 on the Excellence trim - not really a £££ option if you ask me. Much use made during a west of Scotland winter, BTW ! :D
I couldn't agree more Mcderms. I've never had a car with a heated windscreen before, however I've always been envious when my wife had a car with one!

I often leave the house around 6am, and not having to spend 5 to 10 minutes waiting for my windscreen to clear won't take me long to recoup what I paid for this option when I put a value on the time I will save!
White Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI:
19" Exclusive wheels
Panoramic sunroof
Xcellence Pack (top view cam, park assist & electric tailgate with pedal)
Seat Sound + spare wheel
Heated windscreen
Driving Assistance Pack 2
Accessories to pimp my ride :lol:

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Kindness71 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:55 pm
I've got it and think its great, not just for ice/snow but when the windscreen is misted up. Clears it in minutes :D
'
Try turning on your Aircon - clears in seconds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think he's been banned again and now appears to have taken over the seatcupra.net forums :lol:
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

David1972

Post by David1972 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:

Had it before on other cars and was a factor in going for the Ateca for us - very desirable to have for our winters
On order with lease company 11/05/17; original projected delivery date 15/10/17; now 30/11/17 :x in stock on 3/11/17, delivered 15/11/17 with 8 miles on the clock! - 1.4TSI DSG Excellence in Lava Blue, Heated Windscreen, Double Boot Floor

kee

Post by kee » Sat May 20, 2017 3:58 am

60:40 split the the moment.... probably reflects the split between northerners and southerners! Haha
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sat May 20, 2017 6:44 am

Had one in cars for years

Gets used a lot in my car with early morning starts daily
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Sat May 20, 2017 7:13 am

I've ordered one as I do the school run then commute to work so don't want to be spending time scraping ice and waiting for the windscreen to defrost on those cold winter mornings. Or sitting in the company car park, after everyone has left, still waiting for it to clear 😂

I've got a qashqai at the moment and it takes forever
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Sat May 20, 2017 7:15 am

Oh, and I'm in the South too ☺
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”