Heated Windscreen Poll

All Seat Ateca related discussions

Do you have (or have you ordered) a heated windscreen?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 71

Goodbye Golf

Re: Heated Windscreen Poll

Post by Goodbye Golf » Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

I love the heated windscreen, it saves so much time on the early morning school bus run. Never had it before the Ateca but now see it as an essential feature. We used it loads last winter - we live in the East.
Black 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150PS Xcellence + heated windscreen + electric tailgate + space saving spare wheel. Arrived Oct 2016.

kee

Post by kee » Sat May 20, 2017 11:07 am

can anyone who has a heated windscreen categorically say that they can't see the lines/ distortion on their windscreen? that is the main thing that puts me off, else i can see (no the pun intended!) the benefit
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Dadofett

Post by Dadofett » Sat May 20, 2017 11:41 am

I can only go by the heated screen in my S-max and on a foggy day or bright sunshin I see the wires. But a small price to pay when you watch everyone scraping there windscreens and you can sit back and wait. But I didn't order one for my Ateca as I hardly ever used it.
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

DSG4WD

Post by DSG4WD » Sat May 20, 2017 12:02 pm

You can see the elements in some conditions but you quickly adapt to looking past them. I just don't notice mine now.
On order - Lava blue Excellence DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Sat May 20, 2017 12:20 pm

DSG4WD wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 12:02 pm
You can see the elements in some conditions but you quickly adapt to looking past them. I just don't notice mine now.
Agreed - focus your eyes on the road ahead, and the heating elements become far less noticeable; that said I THINK (but am not certain) that Ford, as the manufacturer that really pioneered heated screens, have finer heating elements in the screen than the Ateca does?

Maybe those with Fords as current / previous cars can comment?
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

RB211

Post by RB211 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:39 pm

On coming headlights at night caused scattering of light due to the wires trough the screen. This I found annoying on the ford I owned. Not sure how it affects the seat?
Ordered 26 Mar 17 Ateca SE 1.4 tsi. Lava Blue with Sat. Nav. Convenience Pack, Double floor and spare wheel. Collected 14/6/17.

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:52 pm

You can definitely see them if your thinking about them or someone mentions them, otherwise you forget they are there and focus on the road. So sssshhh stop talking about them :lol:
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

kee

Post by kee » Sat May 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. As many have said it's all down to personal preference and situation. e.g. if I lived somewhere v cold and/ or drove all the time (for work for example), then makes sense to get one. As it is, I'm happy to break out the ice scraper and air con ;)
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sat May 20, 2017 8:56 pm

:D
MackyD

From memory were lots less noticible in my Ford Focus CC, and even My Yeti wasn't as bad

These are worst I have seen by far BUT I focus past them and unless I think about it I don't notice them now
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun May 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Got it after missing it on the crv. Great in the cold mornings when car is not garaged and saves leaving the engine on to demist for ten minutes
Lava blue, 4wd dsg, top view, towhook, heated windscreen, spare wheel, mudflaps

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”