Key locked in boot!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
AlasdairMac

Re: Key locked in boot!

Post by AlasdairMac » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:21 am

Got the keyless locking working every time now. My mistake was simple - I was continuing to hold the door handle once the door was closed at the same time as I touched the outer (locking) sensor with my thumb to try and lock it. Looks like it's touch the locking sensor only and no other fingers anywhere on the handle. Just off to tell the SEAT technician that he's been talking bollocks about this having been disabled by SEAT ( Now wondering how much more BS I'll get if other problems arise?).
Ateca 2.0 TDi 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive Sunroof, Black.

Rory

Post by Rory » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Daughter just manged to lock the fob in the boot (not with power opening) of her car this evening.

Not sure of the sequence of events but fob was in her handbag which she put into the boot while picking up her daughter from a friends house. Thankfully only a couple of miles away and I have the second key so popped up there.

Having read through the thread I must admit I'm gobsmacked this is possible - I'd always understood one the of the 'key' advantages of keyless systems was that you couldn't lock the keys in the car.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I've noticed that you can lock the car keylessly when other doors/boot are still open (ie passenger still getting out), and when they close their door its locked.
If the boot was open, and she locked the side doors, then went to boot and put handbag down before closing it would be locked when closed
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Rory

Post by Rory » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm

As best I can gather, if the car is locked and then you open the boot by touching the boot release, put the fob in the boot and close the lid, it will lock.

This seems bonkers to me, but is apparently standard across the VAG range where KESSY is used. Having locked itself, It's still a little baffling why the system doesn't detect the key and reopen the car when the boot release or one of the door handles is pulled.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”