Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

After purchase double boot

13K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Ochoa 
#1 ·
Since I saw it come back in a few topics I'll post the pictures of my double boot in a new one.
This double boot was installed about 2 months after getting my Ateca.

It is possible to do but a lot of the dealers honestly don't know about this, they have to order each part seperately and take out the side panels in the boot. I had to return twice because they forgot something each time but it is installed now and works just like it should.
Before:

Car Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas
Trunk Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Btw the cover that's in the boot now sucks, I've had it 2 days and it's already scratched up like all hell even though I haven't really put anything that could do it in the boot yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Interesting. I was told by my dealer that it was factory fit only. Are there other companies out there who make this kind of thing for cars that you can fit afterwards?

#5 ·
Be really interested in this as was told by Salesman not possible and by Seat themselves. All we saw was the plastic Seat cover lid that can sit on top of the boot to raise the level so there is little lip with the boot latch

Be handier for us when loading in a buggy and it can slide in rather than lifting over the lip and for storage. If you can find out more I'd be interested see what parts they got etc and see if anyone can do this in Ireland

#6 ·
funkyirishman said:
Be really interested in this as was told by Salesman not possible and by Seat themselves. All we saw was the plastic Seat cover lid that can sit on top of the boot to raise the level so there is little lip with the boot latch

Be handier for us when loading in a buggy and it can slide in rather than lifting over the lip and for storage. If you can find out more I'd be interested see what parts they got etc and see if anyone can do this in Ireland
That's because they were only looking for the bottom plate, they have to specifically look for the sidepanels. But many of the dealers don't know about this and won't look it up.
Seat customer service isn't that good, my dealer said that the Ateca has been a bit too popular and that volkswagen itself isn't that happy about it.

#7 ·
Looks good! I would be interested in getting this down as one item wish my car had. I would be happy to diy it but do you have the list of part numbers?

#8 ·
Dargas said:
... my dealer said that the Ateca has been a bit too popular and that volkswagen itself isn't that happy about it.
I bet Tiguan sales have been cannibalised!

#9 ·
jamesiow said:
Looks good! I would be interested in getting this down as one item wish my car had. I would be happy to diy it but do you have the list of part numbers?
Sadly enough I don't have the part numbers, I can try to look for it on my invoice but don't think they'll be on there.
I do know that it was atleast 6 different parts that were necessary and that they had to order an additional 2, so you need 8 strings of numbers for these parts

#10 ·
Hello guys

I remember having 2 Alteas in my possession at the same time, an older model (company car) with a standard fit double boot floor and my newly purchased one without the double boot floor. Out came the spanners and hey presto, my new car had a double floor boot and the old company car didn't!

#11 ·
Best bit about this retro fit is that the compartment underneath will be upholstered whereas with the factory option it won't be I understand

#12 ·
Dargas said:
Sadly enough I don't have the part numbers, I can try to look for it on my invoice but don't think they'll be on there.
I do know that it was atleast 6 different parts that were necessary and that they had to order an additional 2, so you need 8 strings of numbers for these parts
Thanks if you can look out invoice info etc, my dealer are not the most helpful when comes to spares etc....

#14 ·
stupra said:
Hello guys

I remember having 2 Alteas in my possession at the same time, an older model (company car) with a standard fit double boot floor and my newly purchased one without the double boot floor. Out came the spanners and hey presto, my new car had a double floor boot and the old company car didn't!
Hi stupra

if understand what you are saying is that alteas boot side panels will fit ateca?

#15 ·
Hello psreekanthuk
No, what I meant was that with a mild degree of mechanical competance, a person could retro fit a double boot floor in their Ateca, IF they had the correct parts from a dealer. I didn't mean an Altea's double floor would fit an Ateca.

Hope I made that clear for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.