Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

VIN NUMBER

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  luca 
#1 ·
A plea for help please. I collected my ateca on monday july 3 having ordered it on friday may 5. That is just over 8 weeks .It is a 1.4 excellence built in
week 23 week starting june 5.I have read on the forum that you can tell from the vin number where the vehicle is built.
Can some one tell me again how you do this please.

#4 ·
martg250 said:
Thanks for the info Neilw.THe dealership i got it from keeps telling me it was built in Emden Germany.
Nope :)

As NeilW points out, all Atecas (currently) are built at Skoda's Kvasiny plant. From there they go by train to the port at Emden Germany, to be shipped to the UK.

#6 ·
I'm currently in this boat, if you pardon the pun! Car is built and out of the factory waiting for the train to fill up with shiny new cars before heading off to the port of Emden. It's been like this for well over a week, so hoping it sets off soon!

#7 ·
Good news then should be shipped in the next fortnight, so I'm guessing 4-6 weeks and it'll be in your posession.

#8 ·
Thanks, I hope so!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.