Me and cars - the reality

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Accord2Ateca

Me and cars - the reality

Post by Accord2Ateca » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:11 am

I am excited that my new Ateca has arrived at the dealership and I'll enjoy the trip up to Inverness to collect it. However, I confess that I am not a car geek or a true car lover. When I read how my fellow Ateca owners lovingly wash, polish, wax and re-wax their cars, I realise that I am not worthy.

After the excitement wears off and I get used to a new car, it becomes just another "car" that gets me from A to B - in comfort. My careless parking has led to the odd scraped alloy over the years and cars get cleaned every now and then.

Am I a lost cause or do you think my Ateca will convert me into a loving, caring, proud owner?

Anyone else out there like me?

A2A
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Lava Blue, with Top View Camera & Electric Tailgate/Virtual Pedal. Ordered 24 April. Confirmed Build week 25 (19 June), Left Factory 20 June, at Port of Tyne 6 July, arrived Inverness dealer 11th July. Collected 17 July

DSG4WD

Re: Me and cars - the reality

Post by DSG4WD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm with you. I like cars but they are for driving, not cleaning. :)
On order - Lava blue Excellence DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

L4ng3rs2017

Post by L4ng3rs2017 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Another sharer of your views.

I always start with good intentions and care for the car regularly to begin with - then life starts to take priority again and car care starts to get relegated from a “must do”, to a “should do” and finally to a “could do”.
Ateca SE Technology 1.4 EcoTSI manual 2018 | Mediterranean Blue | Park Assist | Top View Camera | Space Saver Spare Wheel
Ordered 13/05/17, Built week 25, Arrived at the dealer 30/06/17.

NeilW

Post by NeilW » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I don't tend to wash my car much either, that's got as much to do with time as the narrowness of my driveway as being fairly busy. I have to drop passengers off before I pull on, otherwise they can't get out. I certainly couldn't get a step ladder out to reach the middle of the roof.
I do make sure I get rid of birds mess fairly quickly, but beyond that it's treated to a local hand wash every now and then.
1.4 Excellence in Rodium Grey with mud flaps. Collected 21st Jan 2017.

Septigenarian

Post by Septigenarian » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:25 pm

I'm with you NeilW there is nothing like a 'good hand job' ......cleaning the motor.Although I have one of those United Nations manned wash machines thingies close by which Costa a few Shekles.What the hell, if its good enough for SWIMBO it's fine fore me!!!!! In my 14 the week wait for me Ateca.

kee

Post by kee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm with you A2A. I took delivery a few weeks ago, not washed it once yet! Not even at a car wash... !

I'm still wary of kerbing the tyres tho!
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Same with me. Full time working mum of two, plus housework and washing I have neither the time or desire to clean a car as well. However, I've always had pretty old cars in the past so didn't care that much.

I have bought some cloths off of Amazon with good intentions but I am pretty certain that they won't get much use :-))
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:05 pm

And me! No outdoor running water (flats) so used to take car to local jet wash (at least it's not a machine/auto wash!) until they changed staff to people who didn't care. Occasional washing now, as and when required (it's more of a garaged-for-the-weekend car so I get away with it).

Intend to resurrect good habits though when my Ateca finally arrives - have the buckets, cloths, towels and polishes at the ready. And like Kee, very careful about kerbing to begin with - until you get the first scratch allow, at which point it's the end of the world then you get over it and realise stuff happens and adopt a more laissez-faire attitude ;)

The other half has had her car for 4 weeks now... needs a clean but suspect that duty will fall to me! (Good practice with the new kit before I get the Ateca I suppose :roll:).
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Dadofett

Post by Dadofett » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:02 pm

I feel like your all ganging up on me :lol: I can't help it I love cleaning my car and spending a whole afternoon on it. It's my way of unwinding I have been the same on all my cars. I think it's an OCD thing. :D :D
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

DSG4WD

Post by DSG4WD » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Dadofett wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:02 pm
I feel like your all ganging up on me :lol: I can't help it I love cleaning my car and spending a whole afternoon on it. It's my way of unwinding I have been the same on all my cars. I think it's an OCD thing. :D :D
Mate - absolutely no problem. Different strokes for different folks and all that :D
On order - Lava blue Excellence DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”