All Seat Ateca related discussions
Etchings

Re: Spare wheel or repair kit?

Post by Etchings » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:16 am

Accord2Ateca wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 am
pgb wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:11 am
I was told by a SEAT salesman—so this is second hand information—that the space-saver spare wheel was only available as a factory-fitted accessory.
Interesting. The dealer says that his parts department have them to fit as an after-sale.
It may have changed just recently or they've figured out the parts from a Leon spare kit (most of the online offers were actually for the Leon of old). Up until now it has only been a factory orderable option - one of our posters here did get the parts folks to order in all the spare foam bits etc.; took a few trips and a little working out but they got there. However it wasn't one, orderable, kit - at the time.
On order: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed build week 26&27&28 :x

lancslad1985

Post by lancslad1985 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:10 pm

As someone that works for a company that produces these tyre repair products, I'd advise you to get the spare wheel as your primary option. The kits that come with the cars are actually expensive to replace - It can cost £100 - £200 to replace the liquid and the pump when you need it and our testing shows they don't always work.

The other issue you'll find is the ones that come standard with cars are not usually removable from the tyre, so you'd need a new tyre anyway plus replacing the kit. Some of the off the shelf cans can be removed from the tyre, but even then most garages will just tell you it isn't removable so you buy a new tyre - there's no money in repairing a puncture rather than flogging you a tyre!

I carry our brand of tyre repair liquid as we have the facility to fix the tyre, but I would advise everyone else (away from work obviously!) to get a spare wheel as it's reusable!

SheepyGooner

Post by SheepyGooner » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 pm

I went with the space saver as have Seat Sound so allowed the sub woofer to be installed
On Order 25/4/2017: 1.4 SE Tech ECO TSI, Rodium Grey, KESSY, Parking Assist Plus, Sound Pack, Convenience Pack, Double Boot. Expected 20-21 Weeks! Arrived 6/7/2017 :D

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”