Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Does the Ateca xcellence have proximity sensors all round?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kee 
#1 ·
My last car had sensors so that if I went near to something (wall, car, even a rosebush!) it would beep. This worked at front, rear and corners of the car. It was very helpful for judging car movement in small areas. I have not yet noticed the Ateca xcellence beep at me, apart from in reverse.

Does it have something like my old car or is it just in reverse?

That would be a disappointment if it does not.

A2A

#3 ·
Fred99 said:
I think you only get all round sensors if you have park assist.
Thanks Fred
Oh that's a bit of a pain. I have the Top View camera but not Park Assist. Maybe I just need to use the camera when negotiating a tight place. However, the great thing about the sensors is that they just sounded when my Accord went near something. I didn't have to consciously set it to alert me, which I will have to do with the camera. :(

#4 ·
Ours has all round proximity sensors but I think that might come from one of the add on packs rather than standard fit.

I think they can be a little too sensitive and find the beeps annoying at car park entrances but they are broadly useful.

What I also find a little annoying is that when the proximity sensors trigger it just brings up the proximity map on the screen rather than triggering the top view camera which would be much more useful.

#5 ·
I have park assist and not the top view, and I seem to have all round sensors. Not that useful so far as it has given some false warnings, most likely due to raindrops forming from recent wet weather!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.