Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Build week 37

23K views 54 replies 24 participants last post by  Lynnibobs 
#1 ·
I've been told that my car is scheduled for build in week 37, week commencing 11th Sept.

How many of us has been told the same, or very similar week? I've seen a few signatures, like my own, stating week 37.

Stu

#3 ·
I was told build week 35 and was given an expected day of receipt in the last week of September or the first week of October. The sales exutive has been very straight with me so far and he was definitely not lying - this is what he believed and the date given to him by the Sales Manager. We shall see!

#4 ·
Lucky you to even get a build date !! :x

I ordered mine on the 9th of May and it was accepted by the factory on the 23rd. Since then Customer Services have told me (in order of asking):

1: Week 13 (April, 2018); 2: Week 50 (December, 2017); 3: Week 49 (still Dec); 4: No build date; 5: No build date.

The last "No build date" info was given on Monday of this week.

I cancelled my order on Tuesday ! :( :(

#7 ·
Yep 37 and seat UK have confirmed it's locked in.

We shall see..........

#11 ·
I ordered my 1.4 TSI DSG in mid-June and given an estimated delivery time of mid-November. Yesterday, the dealer said the car was being built this week (# 31), should be allocated a boat number next week, and that we should be able to take delivery on September 1st.

This was a pleasant surprise as it is two-and-a-half months sooner than expected.

#12 ·
pgb said:
I ordered my 1.4 TSI DSG in mid-June and given an estimated delivery time of mid-November. Yesterday, the dealer said the car was being built this week (# 31), should be allocated a boat number next week, and that we should be able to take delivery on September 1st.

This was a pleasant surprise as it is two-and-a-half months sooner than expected.
Let's keep fingers crossed for all of us who've got delivery dates in the next2 months!

#13 ·
For those that have a build week of 35 - that's 4 weeks away so saying it's locked in is right as they do lock down about 4 weeks before production. The key question is "Is it a confirmed build week?" (Should be). I had a confirmed week of 26 and it went into production on week 26 (and 27 and 28 courtest of the summer factory shutdown!).

#14 ·
Cristi said:
Sorry, week 28 was estimated delivery
Have you had any updates from your dealer since the estimated date? You can also ring SEAT customer services (contact details here: http://www.seat.co.uk/contact-us.html - ring, don't use the web form so the number is 0808 522 22 22).

I had an estimated delivery of week 20-22 at the latest. Due for pickup around week 33 (but now delaying to 1st Sept) so the estimates are out. I ordered mine at the beginning of March as well so your car may well be in production / on its way as we speak - your dealer of SEAT customer services will be able to tell you more.

#15 ·
Spoke to the dealer today with regards to adding an additional optional extra but it's too late to do this, 5 weeks from build date as it's now locked in for build. Still looking at mid October for delivery

#16 ·
Welshman said:
I was told build week 35 and was given an expected day of receipt in the last week of September or the first week of October. The sales exutive has been very straight with me so far and he was definitely not lying - this is what he believed and the date given to him by the Sales Manager. We shall see!
This is what we've been told as well.

#17 ·
The factory is shutting down in August but we've been told they are adding extra build slots on their return to try and tackle the back log

Steve

#20 ·
Yes, my Ateca just went into production as the factory closed so it sat there "In Production" for almost 4 flipping weeks!

Summer factory closure definitely been and gone for this year at least.

#21 ·
Well, etchings it seems we have ordered the same colour and gizmos. Mine being from 02April. It's a long wait, I just hope it's worth it.Been told build week is 35.l look at this site on a regular basis I have learnt a lot about the Ateca. It also makes me think how good my Qashqai is.I tried rather late to add the 360 camera, which Came with the Qashqai as standard including a lot of other things , but alas ,I shall have to cope with what I get. I am looking forward to the automatic gear thingy though.I expect the Ateca will suffice for a couple of years.Then at my great age we shall see what life throws at me. Bless you all.Enjoy what you've got and always seek happyness.Incidentally I have ordered through the Defence Discount Service for veterans, Which offeres reasonably good discounts. Although I have to go near Brighton ,from Bristol, to collect. By.

#23 ·
Well if it's anything to go by, I just had a call from SEAT customer services - car now showing as arrived at the dealership (just waiting for the 1st Sept '67 plates). They said they wanted to apologise for the long wait (five and a half months) and explain why - unprecedented demand, limited build slots and production shortages of the 1.4TSi engine. They also offered a gesture of good will by way of an apology - either a free service plan (which I'd already ordered so couldn't have; pity as that's the most valuable option) or £250.

So it seems they are aware of the big issues with the waits (kind of a given) and are trying to play nice with their customers. The wait is a real P.I.T.A but I wanted the car to the spec that I chose so was prepared to wait (albeit 6 months total was a little longer than hoped for). If you're both build week 35 I would now expect that to be fairly accurate (seeing as we're in week 33 right now). With any luck then your cars will arrive in the UK mid-September meaning late September or early October pickup from the dealers depending on transport to dealers and how long they take to prepare the car for handover etc. - roughly 6 or 7 weeks from now.

#24 ·
Etchings said:
Well if it's anything to go by, I just had a call from SEAT customer services - car now showing as arrived at the dealership (just waiting for the 1st Sept '67 plates). They said they wanted to apologise for the long wait (five and a half months) and explain why - unprecedented demand, limited build slots and production shortages of the 1.4TSi engine. They also offered a gesture of good will by way of an apology - either a free service plan (which I'd already ordered so couldn't have; pity as that's the most valuable option) or £250.
Had you previously been in touch with customer services or did they just volunteer this?

#25 ·
I had been calling every few weeks for a status update, but this was out of the blue and voluntary - I'd been biding my time and not throwing a wobbly every time it shifted back a couple of weeks, so no complaints as such.

#26 ·
Etchings said:
I had been calling every few weeks for a status update, but this was out of the blue and voluntary - I'd been biding my time and not throwing a wobbly every time it shifted back a couple of weeks, so no complaints as such.
Interesting. I'll get the wife to call Customer Services and start complaining pronto!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.