Automatic handbrake questions

All Seat Ateca related discussions
fujixpro

Re: Automatic handbrake questions

Post by fujixpro » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:50 pm

if you are sitting on a hill or any form of gradient eg at traffic lights etc I always apply the wee hand brake lever because this applies a better braking power for the car.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:31 am

fujixpro wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:50 pm
if you are sitting on a hill or any form of gradient eg at traffic lights etc I always apply the wee hand brake lever because this applies a better braking power for the car.
How come? Autohold normally uses hydraulic brakes, which are far more powerful that the parking brake.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Accord2Ateca

Post by Accord2Ateca » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 am

What made me think I was doing something wrong was that my test drive was different - I had to manually use the P brake (my wife says I'm always needing a P brake :lol: ;) ). Presumably they had the Auto hold off.
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Lava Blue, with Top View Camera & Electric Tailgate/Virtual Pedal. Ordered 24 April. Confirmed Build week 25 (19 June), Left Factory 20 June, at Port of Tyne 6 July, arrived Inverness dealer 11th July. Collected 17 July

Nicky1457

Post by Nicky1457 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Apologies if I have missed this in the feed.
I have a 2018 Ateca and often I will get in the car which is parked on my drive which has a slight downward slop. I put the key in and the press the clutch in order to start the car at which point the car starts rolling forward causing me to quickly stamp on the brake before it crashes into the house. The electronic handbrake has turned itself off for some reason. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Thanks

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:27 pm

When you park the car up at night, do you press any buttons related to the handbrake? If it's set up to function normally, the handbrake should come on when you turn the engine off, and still be on when you start the car in the morning. Just don't press any handbrake buttons. This particularly applies to the back button unless you want to disengage the auto handbrake, for example, when you go in a conveyor belt car wash.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

nitrous

Post by nitrous » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Nicky1457 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:17 pm
Apologies if I have missed this in the feed.
I have a 2018 Ateca and often I will get in the car which is parked on my drive which has a slight downward slop. I put the key in and the press the clutch in order to start the car at which point the car starts rolling forward causing me to quickly stamp on the brake before it crashes into the house. The electronic handbrake has turned itself off for some reason. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Thanks
I have very occasionally experienced this issue too. At work I park on a slight rearward incline by a stone wall. A couple of times now I have started the car, only to hear the rear parking indicators start getting excited. I realise the car is rolling slowly, backwards towards the wall and stomp on the brakes.

I always have Autohold on, and sometimes from force of habit I manually apply the P brake before turning the engine off. I don't know if it is related to the door, seatbelt, or maybe releasing the clutch at the wrong time after starting. Its so rare, but shocking... And always after a hard day's work.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:55 am

I have the aurobrake on but have to switch it off when using the park assist. Having it hold the breaks whilst trying to manoeuvre is annoying.

Other than I love the system, it works perfectly everytime.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

HankScorpio

Post by HankScorpio » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:01 pm

So if I leave A on, when I park up and get out of the car the handbrake P will come on automatically? Just got my new Ateca and paranoid when I park it the handbrake’s not on! Can check by looking with a manual handbrake but not with this one

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 pm

If it's on the red light on the button will be on. Not exactly difficult to spot!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

HankScorpio

Post by HankScorpio » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:14 pm

👍 I did spot that, thanks Fred..! red light goes off though sometimes before I get out the car - sometimes stays on after I’ve locked it and got out

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”