Front assist warning screen and emergency braking applied!!!!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
takingthetrain

Re: Front assist warning screen and emergency braking applied!!!!

Post by takingthetrain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi Art,

Did you manage to solve the problem with front assist? I am having similar problems despite having the advance warning setting set to "Late".

I found this video from a local news website of the same thing happening on a VW Tiguan. Google "vw front assist problems" if the link does not work. https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/l ... its-689355

Thanks.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:00 am

It can't be any more sensitive than the system in my 2018 Suzuki Swift!
It let's out a shrill, ear piercing beep for several seconds when it thinks you're in danger of hitting things - usually manouvering slowly around stationary cars. But even in traffic where you crawl along it bleeps at you when you are in no danger of hitting the car in front.

Found it also liked to activate the brakes entering a roundabout when a car has just crossed its path. It became background noise over the 6 months I owned it although people over Bluetooth always complained when it went off.
I can't complain as it did genuinely stop me having a shunt 2 times.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

FordFocusDriver

Post by FordFocusDriver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 pm

I was thinking of this thread the other day. Driving along a 60 road I came up behind a tractor doing about 20, but luckily there was a gap in the oncoming traffic which just happened to reach the tractor at the same time I did, so I was able to overtake without having to slow down. It occurred to me that automatic emergency braking might have had a fit at the sight of the oncoming lorry bearing down on me and slammed the brakes on just at the worst possible moment, which would have been very dangerous. Does it do this sort of thing?

DSG4WD

Post by DSG4WD » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Only if you are so close to the lorry that a crash is inevitable!
Lava blue Excellence 190 DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”