Front assist warning screen and emergency braking applied!!!!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Niggly

Re: Front assist warning screen and emergency braking applied!!!!

Post by Niggly » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:37 pm

I thought that too but some catkins or other tree debris sliding off the roof definitely invoked the emergency override under normal braking.
1.0 SE rolling on 18s

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:16 pm

That’s a different system. Front Assist will brake the car with no driver intervention. Brake assist recognises that you are trying to do an emergency stop and turns up the full hydraulic pressure on the brakes. That does not need radar sensors or cameras.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Niggly

Post by Niggly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks Fred. It wasn't my foot on the pedal so I can't be sure but my wife says she was braking normally. Maybe similar detritus slid off the bonnet (it was near the start of her journey) over the "S" at the same time as that from the roof slid down the windscreen. Whichever, it was unexpected.

Hopefully it's unconnected with our premature stop-start issue, but I read yesterday that a Q2's engine can cut out intentionally below 4.9 mph.
1.0 SE rolling on 18s

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Niggly wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am
Hopefully it's unconnected with our premature stop-start issue, but I read yesterday that a Q2's engine can cut out intentionally below 4.9 mph.
That would correlate with what's been mentioned on other threads with Start/Stop systems on the DSG gearboxes where the engine can cut out as you're slowing to a stop (no 'hard' figures mentioned on other threads though).

You're manual though, aren't you? (Just checked and you can't order DSG with the 1.0 TSi engine)
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Niggly

Post by Niggly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Etchings wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Niggly wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:59 am
That would correlate with what's been mentioned on other threads with Start/Stop systems on the DSG gearboxes where the engine can cut out as you're slowing to a stop (no 'hard' figures mentioned on other threads though).

You're manual though, aren't you? (Just checked and you can't order DSG with the 1.0 TSi engine)
Yeah, manual. Spoke to local (50 miles away) dealer who couldn't do a scan the day I dropped in. I'm now logging all instances of "cut-out" so that it'll help pinpoint the issue when I book it in, but it's always with a foot on the accelerator and not on the brake or clutch so quite abrupt stopping (from lowish speed) but with no lights to help anyone following. At least with EBA they would see brake lights.
1.0 SE rolling on 18s

Art

Post by Art » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks you guys. It did cross my mind that it was the vw issue that Watchdog flagged up about a computer glitch post the fiddly the emission test.
Ateca 1.0 TSI 115 SE Tchy Ecmtv Lava Blue metallic. Ordered 210117 and delivered 110417.

reallywantanateca

Post by reallywantanateca » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Interesting, I went for a test drive in an Ateca last weekend. The dealer switched off the emergency braking system when we got in the car. Maybe the dealers know it's a bit dodgy.
Ateca Xcellence 1.6TDI - Nevada White + space saver spare + heated windscreen

Cristi

Post by Cristi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:27 am

Could it be that he switched off the autohold feature ? I thought the emergency brake could only be set to a less sensitive setting but not completely off

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 am

^ It think it can be completely switched off, but it will be back on next time you start the engine. I've seen this setting called "Front Assist on/off" somewhere in the depths of the menu system.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:02 am

You can switch it off - page 212 in the manual.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”