6 months wait and they send the wrong bloody car!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
PJM

6 months wait and they send the wrong bloody car!

Post by PJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Dickheads at JCB get the wrong car delivered so they can shove it where the sun don't shine. I shall find a maker that cares 😡😡😡😡😡
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

jackbauer

Re: 6 months wait and they send the wrong bloody car!

Post by jackbauer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:15 pm

What did they send you? An SE? I must admit I had the fear that the dealer ordered the wrong car and an S would be waiting for me. What are they doing to resolve/compensate you?
Driving - 1.0 SE Technology in Rodium Grey with top view camera, tinted windows, convenience pack and LED/ambient lighting pack. Ordered May 2017. Delivered 2nd September 2017.

PJM

Post by PJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:01 pm

It's being looked into, jokers. They sent an SE not SE tech, then tried to blame me for adding keyless to the order!
I shall be about 2k out of pocket now due to price increases and an extra 5k miles on my Leon trade in. To say I am fuming is putting it mildly.
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

FeverSeven

Post by FeverSeven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 pm

PJM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm
Dickheads at JCB get the wrong car delivered so they can shove it where the sun don't shine. I shall find a maker that cares 😡😡😡😡😡
That's the same sort of luck I get mate, 3 weeks to go and we'll see.

Sad news for you though.
1.4Tsi SE, Black Magic, Ambient Lighting, Rear Tints, SatNav, Convenience Pack, Seat Sound, LED Lights, Park Assist and the icing on the cake, The 6V Silver Gear Knob :roll: :lol:
Ordered 13th May 2017, Build Week 37 apparently :o

PJM

Post by PJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:08 pm

Looking at the kodiak now to see what's available

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:13 pm

What JCB dealer was it as that's where I ordered mine from but at the ashford branch
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

PJM

Post by PJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Good luck with that then, that's where I ordered mine. Never again, not only have they lost the sale but also servicing my Leon. Now looking for a dealer to supply an se tech specs car in less than six months. The kodiaq looks bigger and spec is not so good.
My daughter has a 3008 and says the new one is nice so may check that out.
Surprising how Seat can go from top of my list to a bunch of w*nkers in one phone call.
Absolutely gutted cos I love my Leon and always had good service. Salesman says he kept me informed, suprising as the only time ha talked to me was when I visited or rang him. The only time he rang me was this afternoon to tell me they had cocked up, w*nkers.

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 pm

PJM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:23 pm
Good luck with that then, that's where I ordered mine. Never again, not only have they lost the sale but also servicing my Leon. Now looking for a dealer to supply an se tech specs car in less than six months. The kodiaq looks bigger and spec is not so good.
My daughter has a 3008 and says the new one is nice so may check that out.
Surprising how Seat can go from top of my list to a bunch of w*nkers in one phone call.
Absolutely gutted cos I love my Leon and always had good service. Salesman says he kept me informed, suprising as the only time ha talked to me was when I visited or rang him. The only time he rang me was this afternoon to tell me they had cocked up, w*nkers.
Not got at all. Same with regards to information as only hear things when I've called for an update, mine apparently left factory 3 weeks ago so am hoping it will be here soon
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Nightmare scenario and I really do feel for you. Crap situation too - either negotiate a substantial discount (and put up with a 'lesser' spec for the SE trim); get the right spec ordered and have to wait another 6 odd months (with agreed compensation from the dealer, but quite frankly I wouldn't be prepared to wait the sum total of a year); or walk away and get something else.

Have you actually cancelled the sale now or are you still waiting for them to offer you a solution? If you haven't cancelled then don't - not just yet. If you've cancelled then there's not much you can do, but so long as they're still tied into that contract you have a lot of leverage over potential sweeteners. As always, the contract is with the dealership, not SEAT direct so you need to get the dealers to make things right - and maybe get head office to help you if they're not getting anywhere.

If you still want an Ateca and you want to get head office involved (after giving the dealer an opportunity to dig themselves out of a monstrous hole), don't make demands - be factual, to the point and state your objectives (source an Ateca to your spec or higher in the next month with no financial penalty to yourself). Ask what can they do to help resolve the situation as you'd like the Ateca but after this experience and waiting 6 months you're not prepared to wait much longer.

I know the retail arm of SEAT (branch in Lakeside and also Westfield in west London and online at www.seat-store.co.uk) have an Ateca XCellence in Samoa Orange in stock (at time of writing)... 1.4TSi, one manual and one DSG, so I wonder if they can wangle something for you like that? (Just no heated screen and not Black Magic, or the nice SE-Tech alloys). Doubt it, but gives you some negotiating leverage to the tune of "anyone can go and get this car in 7 days... what can you do for me to keep my business walking out of the door?".

Also, does your contract of sale specifically state SE-Tech? (Thinking about the legal aspects here, if it does and they've breached that contract then you may have grounds for redress for your losses... however I'd be loathed to go down that route and it'd be a big gamble if you did because they'll have a clause hidden somewhere in there about consequential losses and the like so probably not worth it, or possible if you initiate the order cancellation).

The VW T-ROC has launched, that's based on the Golf chassis, so basically the Ateca; not sure if the Skoda Karoq has opened for sales yet. Both of which will likely have some lead times, but probably not the full 6 months. Peugeot have an online ordering site where you can see exactly what effect each option has on the build time (most popular options add delays, pick unpopular and you get it quickly - e.g. Spare Wheel added 8 weeks to the build time when I was checking last month out of curiosity!). There's always the Qashqai or Kadjar too - colleague of mine was looking about 6 months ago, wanted to get the Ateca for the drive, but wife didn't like the ride so much so they went with the Kadjar and love it; plus they got a 6 month old pre-reg with 50 miles on the clock for a lot less money.

Problem is, what you'll find is that the Ateca does hit the sweet spot (well, for us 'biased' owners at least) on ride, handling, spec and value for money. So, if you can put aside your justifiable rage for a moment - ask yourself this: If the dealer hadn't screwed up, would you be happy with a SEAT? You can change your dealer to another - if the car still meets your needs then it's worth getting the dealer to try and put things right (before never returning), or the brand to try to put things right first before giving up completely.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rhodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

kee

Post by kee » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Man, that is beyond awful, hope you get a decent outcome.
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”