6 months wait and they send the wrong bloody car!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Graham B

Re: 6 months wait and they send the wrong bloody car!

Post by Graham B » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:25 am

I picked mine up from there on Tuesday exactly 6 months after order. I got my Exeo tech sport170 serviced for free and a cam belt and water pump change again for free and a hire for 3 days as it took nearly 2 weeks to get from Sheerness to Ashford. Least the order was correct when I finally got it. It even had floor mats and the double height boot floor. Its on a 3 year lease deal.
I hope you get things sorted
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Niggly

Post by Niggly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:03 am

Of course the silver lining to the cloud is that black roof rails look fantastic - especially on a black car with tints. OK, maybe not quite a silver lining...perhaps I should have said "look on the bright side". :)

Good luck.
1.0 SE rolling on 18s

PJM

Post by PJM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Etchings, thanks, all sound advice. The car has been reordered and I have indicated what I need to keep me happy'ish.
Difficult really as my trade in will have devalued and Seat prices increased since my original order.
Waiting to hear from Seat uk to see what they can do to chivvy things along. There are no suitable nearly new vehicles and as I have ordered a new car that is what I want to receive.
Just be aware that if you make any changes to the spec "the system" reverts to the base model. If the nugget entering the data and the sales person fail to check you will not receive the correct vehicle. How much of that is BS I don't know but I remained calm and told them the facts. Beware of salesmen who promise to look after you every step of the way, they will actually be trying to trip you up!

Rather took the shine off it all really 😪
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

David1972

Post by David1972 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Unbelievable Jeff :(
On order with lease company 11/05/17; original projected delivery date 15/10/17; now 30/11/17 :x in stock on 3/11/17, delivered 15/11/17 with 8 miles on the clock! - 1.4TSI DSG Excellence in Lava Blue, Heated Windscreen, Double Boot Floor

missy

Post by missy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm

Wow.. My dealer forgetting to add factory extended warranty is nothing compared to providing wrong model!!

With intervention of Seat Uk contacting my dealership to 'chat' and ask them to try and resolve the issue the chappy at dealership offered to order new car with same specs and the extended warranty free. So I drive my car now still whilst waiting for replacement. Having said that the dealership did try to add conditions after suggesting what sounded great wg restrict my mileage (MY car!!) or make me take a loan car whilst they had mine (I had paid for it!!) or as they started to get fed up with me questioning their motives in changing goalposts they added a new 'deal' ie my money back in full for the car leaving me carless...

So i now send them details and photo of mileage (as I suggested to them) so they have idea (resale value I guess is what they are interested in here although I was told their motive was not this and to make mea happy customer). Have sent details twice now for last two months and not one reply......

I suggest you contact seat Uk with facts and dismay and ask them to intervene to ask dealership to resolve an unsatisfactory situation.

Shocking though..

(Has Golfchappy come on yet with his Spanish inquisition??)
Seat SE 1.4 Tech, petrol, manual, in Nevada white, front camera, spare tyre and towbar. Also winter pack :)

Unconfirmed Build date was Wk '19', then 31,38, then 31. Now confirmed Wk 22

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

what a disappointment :(

was the spec you ordered much more money than what they are trying to give you?

I'm surprised you didn't notice when cost was discussed on ordering
I knew to the penny what mine was going to cost by the book before I even got there to place on order so I could check they weren't making things up when offering discounts etc
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

PJM

Post by PJM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:23 pm

There was no problem with the spec that was ordered, an SE Tech with some additions. The problem is that an SE was delivered, figures and wording on the original order are all correct for the SE tech.

I am still driving my Leon trade in so they will have to take the hit on that as well, I am certainly not going to restrict my mileage. So far they have offered a boot liner, free paint protection treatment and reversing camera. I am also asking for free 3 year servicing and am expecting a call from Seat UK in a couple of days.

Sales manager expressed his regrets and seemed genuine enough.

The kicker is that less than 2 miles from my house are hundreds of the bloody things sittingin compounds :roll:
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:25 pm

Fingers crossed you can come to an agreement and somehow they manage to expedite it for you - if on the other hand they say another 6 months you could always try wangling the new digital cockpit (available start of 2018!) 8-) Hopefully you'll have something much MUCH sooner - there have been cancellations and changes can be made to stock orders.

We await a hopefully positive update!
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rhodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Ah ok
I thought I'd read that they said they though you had only asked for an se and that's what the order was and therefore lower price
I was speed reading
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:24 pm

Hi PJM hope the info I sent you helps to get things sorted for SOON!!
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”