Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Seat Ateca Security

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  iScoTT29 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Has anyone added any additional security to the Ateca as yet. I know there is standard alarm,immobiliser etc but given the spout of thefts of any car just wondered if anyone has had a tracker fitted or autowatch ghost?

Thanks

Reuben

#2 ·
I was quite surprised to find only one post on additional security, with no replies. Perhaps I simply missed others? I just saw a GPS tracker advertised by Aldi for £39.99. It seems a very good price. Does anyone use a GPS device and are they worth fitting? Please don't tell me that thieves won't target an Ateca. The most stolen car in the UK is apparently the humble Fiesta.

#3 ·
I have added a GPS tracker to my 1.5 FR. Only because I took it off my old car. Hopefully will never need to use it in anger. The other security deployed is old skool. A full steering wheel lock. Had it 20 years and always used it on cars owned. Hopefully it helps to deter relay type thefts. But if they want your car badly enough nothing is likely to stop a determined theif.

#4 ·
Thanks for that. I had also thought of a Stoplock, which Aldi are also selling at present. That is actually a more expensive option, but of course is a visual deterrent. My obsession is the fault of my wife who left the current "Best Buys" leaflet lying around. I think I need to get out more.

#5 ·
Ciano said:
I have added a GPS tracker to my 1.5 FR. Only because I took it off my old car. Hopefully will never need to use it in anger. The other security deployed is old skool. A full steering wheel lock. Had it 20 years and always used it on cars owned. Hopefully it helps to deter relay type thefts. But if they want your car badly enough nothing is likely to stop a determined theif.
What year model is your car? I have the new facelift xperience lux I got back in November 2020 and with the Seat Connect app you can see where your car currently is parked or moving, you can also set a radius, if the car leaves the radius you get an alert on your phone. I dont know how reliable the gps is and I dont know if it is only available if you have the online subscription service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.