Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Hands Free Phone

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pch 
#1 ·
Excuse me for being thick, but how do you answer the iPhone when someone phones you in the car (it's all set up, just whatever button I press ends the call)

#2 ·
Hi I have an iPhone and a windows phone paired and either can be answered by pressing the button on the steering wheel the left side button showing a handset, hope this helps?, same button cancels the call.

#3 ·
Also, with a lot of bluetooth systems there's a second or two time lag to answer the call so if you press the button, get no audio immediately then press again thinking it didn't work you could end up ending the call. I did that once or twice :oops:

So yes, the button with a phone handset symbol on it, left side of steering wheel. When phone rings, press once and wait a couple of seconds.

HTH

#5 ·
Depends how you want to answer the phone, if using Android Auto (and I assume Apple Carplay is the same) you can answer either via the car and the Bluetooth connection or via the Android Auto session (you get a notification on the main display screen of the incoming call which you touch to answer).

I always answer via Android Auto as the functionality and ease of control is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.