Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Who to believe: dealer or seat customer services?

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Benwantshisateca 
#1 ·
So I ordered my ateca back at the beginning of May, finally got a build week of 11th September. My dealer told me last week that the car was at the UK port last Wednesday and is awaiting it's checks.

I rang customer services out of interest to check the progress today and they stated it is still in Emden waiting for a boat...

Who do I believe???

This wait is agonising!!!

#2 ·
I normally had better information from SEAT customer services - ended up telling my dealer when my car had been built and when it had arrived in the UK :shock:

However that's not to say your dealer is incorrect either - unless you can physically see where the car is it's tough to be certain. What I would say is that either way the difference in pick-up time will be about a week (maybe two if you're unlucky), which given the wait since May isn't long - nearly there! (Just been through similar - ordered beginning of March, car arrived at dealers mid-August so decided to wait to Sept for the '67 plates).

Don't forget to make a checklist for when you do pick-up the car!

#5 ·
Hoping mine also in good company of yours! No update from my dealer since told it was waiting at port of exit. On holiday at moment in Marrakesh so not fretting too much. But will be on to it when home next weekend. It's been a long wait since mid May!

#7 ·
Mine was built week 34 and I've had it 2 weeks now.
I went to the locate my car VW website,
I see the live chat service with my Seat order number and within a minute they gave the name of the ship, when and where it docked in the UK and when it left the ship actual time
Hope you have luck with them!
Seat UK could not tell me anything

#8 ·
Hi, using the VW chat is very hit and miss, if you get a nice advisor they'll help. The last couple of times, I've been told to contact Seat and they won't help. Infuriating as they do have the information in front of them! Wonder why Seat don't have live chat option, it would make things a lot easier!

#11 ·
Created my "pick up checklist" too:

Mudflaps
boot tray
Floor mats
virtual pedal
heated windscreen
satnav
Seat sound pack
space saver wheel
19"wheels
topview camera
lifeshine and autoglym pack
rear bumper protective mouldings
Locking wheel nuts

Damage checks:

alloys
dents
scratches
bubbling of paint

Here's to hoping its all correct!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.