Cleaning

All Seat Ateca related discussions
garymead1

Re: Cleaning

Post by garymead1 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

stupra wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Hello Dave 143

Autoglym Aqua Wax should be used after you've washed the car and it's still wet. Spray Aqua Wax all over the wet car then buff it off with a microfibre cloth or two. It's a really good product.
Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash andI Wax can be used directly on a dirty car. I was apprehensive on using such a product on a dirty car, but it really does work if youve no water or need a quick refresh too
Would that scratch the paint if not washed first ?

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:15 pm

I, too, was new to the term "detailing", believing it was a "pimp-my-ride" type of service, but no, it means a thorough cleaning (various degrees), a wax, followed by a protective layer (Autoglym, Meguiar's or Diamond Brite) and perhaps a ceramic gloss finish, according to choice. My son, who is a lot more knowledgeable than I suggested that I have it done properly a.s.a.p. after taking ownership (three days ago), advising the dealership not to clean the car at all (they tend to use chemicals which do more harm than good). I'll take a before and after photo tomorrow. I have not had this done before, so it will be a new experience. I researched various detailers and the cost varied a great deal (£110 - £380); I chose the £195 option following a recommendation by a friend.

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Dadofett wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 am
Nikkijamie wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:47 am
Getting mine detailed in a few months but am using a chemicalguys honeydew snow foam and Gyeon bathe plus shampoo and a Gyeon q2 cure as required to keep the hydrophobic coat up after the detail
Would you recommend the Gyeon bathe? And is this the one with SiO2 added.
Not sure without looking it up as haven’t ordered it yet, it was just recommended by the man doing my enhancement detail. For those curious about what a detail is have a look at the below, this is the man I’m using but there are many good detailers out there.

https://www.smdeandetailing.com/
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

Madeinireland

Post by Madeinireland » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Where is this guy based?

Thanks...

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Maidstone in Kent

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am

Sheepygooner,

I asked my detailing guy and he said that they would class a three month old car as "reasonably new" and would adopt that status when detailing. It is never too late he said, but urged that you get it done before it is 6 months old, but to do it sooner than later.

SheepyGooner

Post by SheepyGooner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks for the tip Welshman, were you happy with the result of it being done?

I will have a look over the weekend if there is somewhere good near the Woking area.
Welshman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 am
Sheepygooner,

I asked my detailing guy and he said that they would class a three month old car as "reasonably new" and would adopt that status when detailing. It is never too late he said, but urged that you get it done before it is 6 months old, but to do it sooner than later.
On Order 25/4/2017: 1.4 SE Tech ECO TSI, Rodium Grey, KESSY, Parking Assist Plus, Sound Pack, Convenience Pack, Double Boot. Expected 20-21 Weeks! Arrived 6/7/2017 :D

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

SheepyGooner,

I will let you know. He is doing it at the moment; so far so good. Four hours up to this point.

Nikkijamie

Post by Nikkijamie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Be interesting to see how long in total it takes and cost.
He wants mine for 4 days for a paint correction and glass coating which takes 24 hours to cure while he does the interior but is £500

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:51 pm

The detailer has completed my car (now four days old). It has had much done to it in the last 7 hours, whilst it sat, bathed in sunshine on my drive (mobile detailer). The whole process Interior, exterior, wheels, Rain-X, snowfoam, clay clean and Lifeshine cost me £195, etc. etc. which, compared favourably to the dealership's quote of £340 for the same treatment.
I am very pleased with the end result, but when the photo session started the sun left my drive for other areas, leaving the car in the shade of my home, so the shots are a bit dark, for which I apologise profusely.

FRONT RIGHT QUARTER SHOWING SIDE DECALS AND WIND DEFLECTORS (REAR SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS YET TO BE FITTED).

a. FRONT RIGHT QUARTER.jpg

FRONT SHOWING INDICATORS IN HAZARD MODE, BONNET DECAL AND FRONT STYLING BUMPER

b. FRONT.jpg

REAR SHOWING ENHANCED LED REVERSING LIGHTS AND REAR STYLING BUMPER. REAR INDICATORS ALSO LED ENHANCED. THE REAR DECAL ALSO VISIBLE WITH CHROME NUMBER PLATE FRAME

c. REAR.jpg

TINTING ENHANCED WITH 80% FILM ON SIDE AND REAR WINDOWS

d. ENHANCED TINTING 80%.jpg

SILVER ALLOYGATORS TO PROTECT RIMS OF 19" WHEELS

e. 19 WHEEL WITH SILVER ALLOYGATORS.jpg

RED DECORATIVE PACK (DOOR TRIM NOT SHOWN) AND SHEEPSKIN SEAT COVERS FOR ADDED COMFORT

f. DECORATIVE PACK.jpg

HOIST TO ENABLE ME TO PUT MY MOBILITY SCOOTER IN WHEN RIGHT HAND REAR SEAT IS FOLDED DOWN

g. HOIST.jpg

NEXTBASE 512g DASHCAM WITH STEALTH MOUNT FOR DISCREET PLACEMENT BEHIND REAR-VIEW MIRROR

h. DISCREET NEXTBASE 512G DASHCAM 2.jpg

Last edited by Welshman on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.