Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

UK port to dealer - How long?

18K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  FeverSeven 
#1 ·
So as of last Tuesday 26th, mine was at the UK port yet I've still no idea when it's getting to the dealer.

So far, 8 days and no eta.

This normal?

:evil:

#3 ·
Mine landed at Port of Tyne on the 30th September. Dealer has agreed delivery for the 12th October all being well. I'd contact your dealer and ask for an update, ask if you can have a vehicle registration number to get insurance cover. Good luck.

#4 ·
Should be picking up my car next week, I say should, however still not confirmed at the dealers as yet from the UK port.

In preparation, I recall a post of things to inspect before taking ownership, can anybody point me in the direction of the post, think I saw it about 2 months ago.

Cheers.

#6 ·
FeverSeven said:
Should be picking up my car next week, I say should, however still not confirmed at the dealers as yet from the UK port.

In preparation, I recall a post of things to inspect before taking ownership, can anybody point me in the direction of the post, think I saw it about 2 months ago.

Cheers.
Sorry for the late reply - been busy.

As for checklist... do you mean this one? https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1544&start=10#p22264

And timings - 14 days on average, may be 21 if you're unlucky, could be 7 if you're super lucky.

#7 ·
Thanks for the response and the link.

I've made an official complaint.

Basically, as I have found out today, they only release the car from the UK port once the dealer has paid the factory.

So mines been there from the 26th September. The dealer told me they were waiting for the transport company to arrange delivery and its probably been delayed as there must be loads of cars. Total fiction by the sound of it.

I'll see what comes from the complaint but on the facts I have so far, looks like my dealer was stringing me along.

Like anything, if they would have been honest with me then no problem, however trying to blag and blame somebody else in the process is a big no no.

I'll keep you all updated.

#8 ·
I've just rung the dealer again in Southampton about my Ateca who tells me Seat and the factory are not telling them the true story and keeping them in the dark

They are no further forward from when I spoke to the dealer 8 days ago

One of the theories the dealer has put forward is that the VW, Seat And Skoda cars were all on the same ship that Greenpeace boarded a few weeks ago

But like I said the dealership recon there are not being told the true story from Seat

#9 ·
I've got an issue with delivery from Port as well.

I was notified by the dealer that my car arrived at Port on September 21st & it's still there! The reason given was 'failed consignment'. The dealer expanded on this last week saying:

'It is still failing consignment (allocation to us) due to a technical problem between the factory and the UK. I have been assured this has been escalated to the highest level possible however I don't currently have a resolution date'

Goodness knows what's going on. Seems crazy!

#11 ·
So my cars scheduled for next Tuesday delivery.

I ranted at both my dealer and seat customer services today, threatened to cancel the order. Apparently I'm getting a 250 quid gesture for the stress.

So my car will take a month to get from the UK port to the middle of England. Apparently, this problem has affected a few vehicles. Tis a joke.

Suffice to say, I'm not impressed by SEAT as a whole, people blaming others for differing reasons and still not a true reason what the problem is/ was.

As I said to the dealer, it's an estimated date so no guarantee, so that will be 5 months and 1 week.

Fookin shocking!

#12 ·
If you had been reading this forum for the last year or so you should have realised that what dealers say about lead times and what actually happens differs somewhat. It is obvious to anyone who has read all the posts that a six month wait is normal.

Just accept that and stop moaning and just enjoy your car when you get it.

I have had mine for six months now and have forgotten just how long I had to wait - longer than you incidentally!

#13 ·
Fred, you know nothing, I have only give you snippets of information about this journey, so before you start with your "stop moaning" comments, take a breath, engage your braincell, and think before your publicise your words of non wisdom.

My gripe is not to do with the wait, it's the inconsistency of excuses from the dealer and SEAT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.