UK port to dealer - How long?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
FeverSeven

UK port to dealer - How long?

Post by FeverSeven » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:19 pm

So as of last Tuesday 26th, mine was at the UK port yet I've still no idea when it's getting to the dealer.

So far, 8 days and no eta.

This normal?

:evil:
1.4Tsi SE, Black Magic, Ambient Lighting, Rear Tints, SatNav, Convenience Pack, Seat Sound, LED Lights, Park Assist and the icing on the cake, The 6V Silver Gear Knob :roll: :lol:
Ordered 13th May 2017, Build Week 37 apparently :o

Dadofett

Re: UK port to dealer - How long?

Post by Dadofett » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes can be 14 days as it goes through PDI
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

stupra

Post by stupra » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Mine landed at Port of Tyne on the 30th September. Dealer has agreed delivery for the 12th October all being well. I'd contact your dealer and ask for an update, ask if you can have a vehicle registration number to get insurance cover. Good luck.
SEAT Ateca SE Technology in Rodium Grey with Convenience pack. Build week 37, delivery 12th Oct 17.

3 Alteas, an Exeo ST and a Leon Cupra K1 (slightly modified!) all gone but not forgotten.

FeverSeven

Post by FeverSeven » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 pm

Should be picking up my car next week, I say should, however still not confirmed at the dealers as yet from the UK port.

In preparation, I recall a post of things to inspect before taking ownership, can anybody point me in the direction of the post, think I saw it about 2 months ago.

Cheers.
1.4Tsi SE, Black Magic, Ambient Lighting, Rear Tints, SatNav, Convenience Pack, Seat Sound, LED Lights, Park Assist and the icing on the cake, The 6V Silver Gear Knob :roll: :lol:

Benwantshisateca

Post by Benwantshisateca » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Mine took about ten days. Picking up tomorrow 👍
Rhodium grey xcellence 1.4 dsg, seat sound, heated windscreen, electric tailgate, 19" alloys

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 pm

FeverSeven wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:46 pm
Should be picking up my car next week, I say should, however still not confirmed at the dealers as yet from the UK port.

In preparation, I recall a post of things to inspect before taking ownership, can anybody point me in the direction of the post, think I saw it about 2 months ago.

Cheers.
Sorry for the late reply - been busy.

As for checklist... do you mean this one? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1544&start=10#p22264

And timings - 14 days on average, may be 21 if you're unlucky, could be 7 if you're super lucky.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

FeverSeven

Post by FeverSeven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks for the response and the link.

I've made an official complaint.

Basically, as I have found out today, they only release the car from the UK port once the dealer has paid the factory.

So mines been there from the 26th September. The dealer told me they were waiting for the transport company to arrange delivery and its probably been delayed as there must be loads of cars. Total fiction by the sound of it.

I'll see what comes from the complaint but on the facts I have so far, looks like my dealer was stringing me along.

Like anything, if they would have been honest with me then no problem, however trying to blag and blame somebody else in the process is a big no no.

I'll keep you all updated.

w1zzer

Post by w1zzer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm

I've just rung the dealer again in Southampton about my Ateca who tells me Seat and the factory are not telling them the true story and keeping them in the dark

They are no further forward from when I spoke to the dealer 8 days ago

One of the theories the dealer has put forward is that the VW, Seat And Skoda cars were all on the same ship that Greenpeace boarded a few weeks ago

But like I said the dealership recon there are not being told the true story from Seat

Johnners2

Post by Johnners2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:27 pm

I’ve got an issue with delivery from Port as well.

I was notified by the dealer that my car arrived at Port on September 21st & it’s still there! The reason given was ‘failed consignment’. The dealer expanded on this last week saying:

‘It is still failing consignment (allocation to us) due to a technical problem between the factory and the UK. I have been assured this has been escalated to the highest level possible however I don’t currently have a resolution date’

Goodness knows what’s going on. Seems crazy!

JnM

Post by JnM » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Failed consignment may mean that the dealer has insufficient credit left on their account for the vehicle(s) to be released.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”