Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

How many Seat's Are stuck in UK Port

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  w1zzer 
#1 ·
I phoned my dealer last Monday 02 October and my Seat Ateca was in the UK port

Phoned again today and it's still stuck there. Apparently Seat have a problem releasing about 20 cars because of a paperwork mix up

So i'm no further forward as to when I can get my car delivered to the dealer and then onto me.

Anyone else heard of this problem

#2 ·
Mine apparently turned up at the Dealers at 5pm yesterday
Hope your gets released soon
I'm frustrated that I'm told it will take longer than a few days to turn around so unlikely to be able to collect this weekend as hoped. Apparently the SD card has to be ordered and it's a minimum of 5 day turn around
Seat certainly aren't making me warm to their service at the moment

#3 ·
Seems a strange satement that the SD card has to be ordered seperate from the car. I would have expected that the car was delivered "intact"
If thats right, I would have expected the dealer to have pulled his finger out and had one already for your car. I'll try to rememer to ask my supplying dealer on Thursday when I collect mine.

#4 ·
I seem to remember a thread a while ago about the cards going missing in transit, so they started supplying them separately from the cars, but I'd have expected someone at SEAT UK to dispatch the card to the dealership when the car arrives at the UK port.

#5 ·
I agree it sounds odd and annoying given I have been waiting since mid May!
The guy that is actually handling my car purchase and process is on a day off today but is apparently ringing me in the morning to update me so should know more tmw

#6 ·
w1zzer said:
Phoned again today and it's still stuck there. Apparently Seat have a problem releasing about 20 cars because of a paperwork mix up
It's probably because of the 300% trade tariff that they are about to introduce on all EU car imports due to Brexit.

They have to do something to save up for the €80bn exit fee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#7 ·
Reckon one of those stuck at Port is mine as it's been 2 weeks today that I was told it was at the UK port.

Time to call the dealer, will feedback tomorrow.

#8 ·
hi stupra I used to work for a car dealership and it is correct that SD cards (used to be a CD!) are ordered separately to the car and it's due to them going missing. When I worked in a VW dealership the dealer had to order the card when the car showed as being in port but there were sometimes issues with them being late / out of stock / assigned to the wrong car. Strange but true!

#10 ·
As off Monday 16th October my car has been allowed out of the docks as soon as transportation to the dealers is arranged but the dealer is still not being told anything as to why it was held up

Lets hope im on the road in my new by the end of the month

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.