Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Lead times

87K views 215 replies 72 participants last post by  coleman keith 
#1 ·
Hi.
Without having to do a search for the current stuff.
Can anyone tell be what the lead/waiting times at the moment on the 1.4 TSI
Many Thanks.

#27 ·
Skoda Kodiak door umbrella, shown here on LHD car

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-skoda-kodiaq-v-mazda-cx9-comparison-31.jpg

Kodiak also has these door guards that come round the edge of the door when you open them. I don't really see the point of them, because us owners are usually careful when we open our doors on the car, its just the others that come beside you and open there doors onto yours

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-skoda-kodiaq-v-mazda-cx9-comparison-29.jpg

#28 ·
Gav m said:
Skoda Kodiak door umbrella, shown here on LHD car

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-skoda-kodiaq-v-mazda-cx9-comparison-31.jpg

Kodiak also has these door guards that come round the edge of the door when you open them. I don't really see the point of them, because us owners are usually careful when we open our doors on the car, its just the others that come beside you and open there doors onto yours

http://s3.caradvice.com.au/thumb/770/382/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-skoda-kodiaq-v-mazda-cx9-comparison-29.jpg
I forgot about the door guards. I really like that idea.

#29 ·
Thats actually really nice looking Tiguan and white is my fav color also. Sad to hear it didnt work out well.
I would give my arm and legs to get it but price is not worth it compared to Ateca/Karoq or even Kodiaq. I personally went for Karoq. No wired heating windscreen and new engine 1.5TSI compared to Ateca. Also varioflex seats make it very good overall.

#30 ·
My order for a 1.4TSI (FR) was placed last week and the dealer quoted me June-July '18 for delivery. Even 6 months sounds better than this!

#31 ·
Well mine definitely has been lucky. 11 weeks ago i ordered my Fr and confirmed today it is sat at Emden awaiting a lift across the wet bit. Just so happens the Makassar highway docked there this afternoon and is currently being used between Emden and Sherness so hopefully It might make it onto that one. If not it should still only be a couple of weeks now!!

#32 ·
I think yours could have on the same boat as mine! Just been confirmed that my car arrived at the UK Port (Sheerness) on Monday after leaving Emden on 14th October I think on the Makassar Highway. Nearly there....

#33 ·
Just to update this topic; Having ordered my Ateca at the beginning of June my dealer estimated delivery by the end of November. I put this down to the colour and engine, i.e. Samoa Orange and 1.4TSi. After Seat came back at the beginning of August with an initial build date of week 42 2018(!) a week later they brought it forward to week 42 this year. It then stayed at that date all the way to production. The car has now arrived at the dealers and is being prepared for delivery next week. So the dealer's initial estimate was correct and after five and a half months wait I am very much looking forward to next week!

#34 ·
Quick update.
Order accepted 4th of Dec and deliver week 15 ish 2018. 18 weeks total. The said I had a delay due to Virtual cockpit.

Dealer placed another order on the 4th of Nov and had a build date of week 2 2018 so some are being turned around very quickly !!!

#35 ·
Ordered June 30th with delivery mid December estimate. Latest update is it was built 9th November (week 45) but, almost one month later, is still at the factory and the dealer is unable to find out from SEAT why this is. Looks like my hopes for pre Christmas delivery are shot. 😡

#36 ·
Ordered October 2nd. Due to color and engine was told 8-10 months wait. Then out of a sudden the car was manufactured middle of November. Dealer told me it would take about a month to get to me. They called me today to tell me I will get it at around December 22nd. So it's just a bit less than 3 months total.

#37 ·
Stringbeanjean said:
Ordered June 30th with delivery mid December estimate. Latest update is it was built 9th November (week 45) but, almost one month later, is still at the factory and the dealer is unable to find out from SEAT why this is. Looks like my hopes for pre Christmas delivery are shot. 😡
It's a fairly standard and slick process once built - Have you tried calling SEAT UK customer services, or are you going by what the dealer tells you? I found that with my dealer I knew it was in the country even before they knew it had left the factory!

#40 ·
I just found this Ateca forum. We are living in Sweden and ordered an Ateca FR190 TDI w32 with promised delivery January -18.

The car was shipped from the port mid December so hopefully will I get it this month.
Spec: FR190TDI, Rhodium Grey, Dieselheater, Wireless charger for phone, Full link, Panoramic roof, 19" wheels, trailerhook, double floor, electrically adjustable seat. Businesspack, electric tailgate, alcantra etc.

#41 ·
Update: Ordered November 22nd - confirmed build week 5 - getting very excited :)

#43 ·
U lucky people. I ordered mine 7/12/17 5 weeks since i ordered phoned yesterday and no build date as yet. Hoping it will b build wek 7. Fingers crossed.
Excellence 1.4tsi somoa orange. My favourite colour. Electric tailgate. Push button tow hitch and interior trims somoa orange jyst to set it off

#46 ·
Randomgary said:
Another update,

4th Dec order accepted and now looking at build week 12, still unconfirmed
Now week 9 unconfirmed.

Was informed today if it remains week 9 for the next 2 weeks it will be built them.

#48 ·
My car is now "Order Status 30 - Your seat has left the factory" and will possibly arrive at port today

Summary. so far, lead estimates from order are exactly as they predicted

#49 ·
Randomgary said:
My car is now "Order Status 30 - Your seat has left the factory" and will possibly arrive at port today

Summary. so far, lead estimates from order are exactly as they predicted
That's a massive improvement over this time last year!!!

#50 ·
So my ateca has been released and is on its way to my dealer!

Who knows how long it will take in our current situation lol.

#51 ·
My car is at the dealers!!!!

It is yet to be PDI,d

Bad news is I'm flat out with work so no idea when I can collect once sorted lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.