Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Lead times

87K views 215 replies 72 participants last post by  coleman keith 
#1 ·
Hi.
Without having to do a search for the current stuff.
Can anyone tell be what the lead/waiting times at the moment on the 1.4 TSI
Many Thanks.

#2 ·
I was told demand for the 1.4TSI engine added around 8 weeks to the order time. I placed the order mid-May and should get the car at the end of this month, or early next; so a 5-6 month wait from order to delivery. From other posters on this site seems wait times are coming down a bit, but not by much.

#5 ·
There is no reliable evidence to suggest that the lead time on the 1.4tsi has improved and that still seems to be 5-6 months for a factory order in the UK.

Sales are not decreasing and production capacity has not increased so that suggests no change.

Unfortunately, there are some reports of very short lead times, but these are almost certainly cancelled orders or dealer orders for stock.

The Skoda factory is running at full capacity and the introduction of new Skoda models will not help the situation.

#7 ·
I collected a new 1.4 Excellence on Friday - ordered on 1 May. The dealer said they had just received direction from Seat UK that they would not accept any new orders - possibly until the new year. The last order he had placed the previous week had a 38 week delay due to demand for the TSI engines outstripping supply. However, from what I have seen of mine since I got it, it's worth the wait.
Rgds Steve

#8 ·
They won't accept new orders only for 1.4 TSI or for the Ateca at all?

#10 ·
I have been considering buying an Ateca for a few months and not yet bought one.

When I first started looking the 1.4 petrol Xcellence was cheaper than than the 1.6 diesel Xcellence .

Now the 1.6 diesel is cheaper than the 1.4 petrol. Can only assume this is down to supply and demand.

When I say cheaper this is based on the price offered by dealers after discounts, there's very little discount they will give on 1.4

#11 ·
Ordered a 1.4 TSI DSG excellence with loads of extras mid-June and 4 months later still have no build week threatened to cancel with the dealer and told my car should have had a committed build week of 49, and they now know they are going to miss this.

As the car should have been delivered to the dealers w/c December 4th under their own rules they have to supply me with an equivalent loan car w/c December 11th.

Still no idea when my car will turn up (going to be next year now) but at least they are giving me some wheels in December.

Very fed up but just can't face going through the pain of having to cancel the Ateca and re-ordering with another manufacturer.

Will be my first time as Seat customer and it's not getting off to a good start

#13 ·
Lead times are coming down, but SEAT have been swamped with orders (it IS a very good car), and been forced to handle limited production line capacity.

Ordered mine in March and took 6 months to arrive - that's at the extreme end of waits for most UK buyers (our continental cousins have had to endure longer in many cases).

The car is definitely worth it, and it is simply a supply & demand issue, but your dealer should have been very up front about this with you from the beginning.

#14 ·
The frustration is that Seat are simply unable to supply a date when my car will be delivered and that's 4 months after placing the order. That is a really poor order management system. It's status in their schedule is 00 meaning they know the order exists but hasn't been scheduled for a build week.
I was quoted 15 weeks at time of order and the dealer told me today they have now been advised to warn the delay is 22 weeks but from personal experience that is hopelessly optimistic.

#15 ·
Etchings said:
Lead times are coming down,
Judging by many recent post, that is not the case. Someone reported that SEAT had stopped taking orders for the 1.4tsi, confirmed by its removal from the Motability list.

Yes, it's a great car but demand still exceeds supply.

#16 ·
Glendia said:
The frustration is that Seat are simply unable to supply a date when my car will be delivered and that's 4 months after placing the order. That is a really poor order management system. It's status in their schedule is 00 meaning they know the order exists but hasn't been scheduled for a build week.
I was quoted 15 weeks at time of order and the dealer told me today they have now been advised to warn the delay is 22 weeks but from personal experience that is hopelessly optimistic.
Is there a seat customer service team you can ring? VW has one. it was more helpful for all of us on the Tiguan forum to get build information from them as every Tuesday their system was updated with all the orders they have taken,
we also had an online tracking system which showed where your car was. order received....with factory ....built.........shipping etc etc
If your wondering why Im here and not over there...we had to reject our Tig so have decided to go for an Ateca at some point :D

#17 ·
Lead times are all over. I ordered my 1.4 Fr on the 31st July and is being built/is built this week. Only just over 9 weeks from order, I mentioned on another thread but think they may have prioritised some Fr's to get them seen out on the road

#18 ·
I don't think anyone can work out their build allocation system - I ordered my 1.4 FR in June, still no build week allocated !
Barnybullet is extremely lucky if his is being built already.

#19 ·
Ordered mine 1.4 tsi dsg mid August was told a minimum of 6 months of wait here in Serbia. In the contract the dealer stated delivery till end of first quarter 2018 which is by end of 31st March. If they failed to deliver by the stated date I will get a car from them for use.
Still no build week info, but was told by the dealer that they "should" start building it in January 2018 and that the latest date I can expect to see the car in my hands would be 1st of February. I gave a deposit which of course if I want I can't take back since the contract states till March 2018. None the less I will wait and see how it plays off. Every time that I see an Ateca on the street I get super exited though :). If by any case I don't get the car by then will probably get the Tiguan or the Karoq which was just presented now and looks like a decent Ateca competitor although I would prefer the Ateca of course.

#20 ·
Was advised it could be up to 18 weeks when I ordered that car beginning of June. Communication with the dealership has been non existent unless I call them first. Tried to go to seat uk directly but they needed my SLI order number, so I went back to the dealership to try and get this and the only number they could give me was their own internal order number which seat uk wouldn't recognise. Safe to say this has given me zero confidence with my dealership. From the very start though I been told week 40, 41, 43 and then back to 41 but never confirmed. Well it week 41 now so popped into the dealers yesterday (since they never ring me back) and they said the car today has finished being built....hallelujah! They said expect another 4 weeks till delivery. From what I've read on this forum I'm expecting 5. So mid November, couple of weeks short of 6 months from order to delivery.

#21 ·
Vuk1987 said:
Ordered mine 1.4 tsi dsg mid August was told a minimum of 6 months of wait here in Serbia. In the contract the dealer stated delivery till end of first quarter 2018 which is by end of 31st March. If they failed to deliver by the stated date I will get a car from them for use.
Still no build week info, but was told by the dealer that they "should" start building it in January 2018 and that the latest date I can expect to see the car in my hands would be 1st of February. I gave a deposit which of course if I want I can't take back since the contract states till March 2018. None the less I will wait and see how it plays off. Every time that I see an Ateca on the street I get super exited though :). If by any case I don't get the car by then will probably get the Tiguan or the Karoq which was just presented now and looks like a decent Ateca competitor although I would prefer the Ateca of course.
Having owned a Tiguan, I was going to wait for the Karoq, however it does have certain things (small things) I dont like about it which the Ateca has got and which I would miss from the Tiguan.
Im hoping they may have sorted one of tho of the problems 'some' are having with the auto breaking etc by the time I get around to ordering one.
This was my R-line which went back there was to many problems...I was gutted.

We had the full works
The car was inside the showroom, my wifes name in front of the car which was covered with the blue car cover.
My wife had flowers and we had a bottle of champagne and a gift pack from VW and they made a video of us taking the cover off the car.
Just a few photos of the day here.... https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004787014996&sk=photos&collection_token=100004787014996%3A2305272732%3A69&set=a.825381410964752.1073741910.100004787014996&type=3

#22 ·
@Negativepitch - Your car looks great I really like the R-line exterior bits. I am really sorry to hear that you had problems with it. To be honest I like both cars but went with the Ateca only because I could get way more equipment and a better engine with the same amount of money, that was my reason. Wife's reason was that its a "smaller car" (11 cm :)) and easier to park in town, since she is going to drive it as well. We have 2 small kids and I really liked the amount of space that the Tiguan is giving in the back seats and a bigger boot which becomes even bigger when you move the seats toward. Tiguan also is easier to sell here on our market and retains more value tomorrow since people seem to be obsessed with VW in my country and German cars generally. Even though a lot of them don't realize that its the same engine in VW, Skoda, Seat and Audi :).

A few days ago I went to the Skoda dealer just to check how Lava Blue looks in person since I have seen a Kodiaq on the street 2 weeks ago and was disappointed. Although the car was rather dirty and the day was really cloudy so no sun at all. It looked depressing and got me a bit worried since I first ordered Cappuccino Beige but then switched to Lava Blue. For some reason here in Serbia all the Ateca's I have seen so far and in the dealership were either white, silver, black or cappuccino beige. Haven't seen a single lava blue car and even the dealer was persuading me to go with Cappuccino since it looks great paired with darker machined rims as he states.
In the end I went to Skoda and I have seen the color in person and it really looks different when is clean and under the sun, so I didn't make any color changes. But what was interesting is the Kodiaq. It looks strange maybe a bit too long and big yet not that tall so the dimensions and proportions seam quiet off, although the car looks nice, its not ugly by any means but just looks strange. What impressed me was the kit inside, quality of materials and practicality of the car. The space inside is immense. The boot is huge even bigger then Tiguans boot. Moving seats and reclining seats which make the boot even bigger and in the mid trim level which would be ambition or SE is full of kit that Ateca has only in Excellence. Also sits just between the Tig and the Ateca in price so its cheaper then a Tiguan but it is a bigger car.

#23 ·
Vuk, this obsession about German cars apparently applies to the Balkans as well, same here in Bulgaria :) You can see so many BMW, Audi and Mercedes cars. Some people prefer buying 20-year old crappy Mercedes cars, then struggling to service them because parts are expensive and service-shops charging more for those brands. All that to be able to say: look, I am driving a Mercedes. Pathetic :) This will be my third new SEAT and I have friends that criticize me for not buying a 4-5 year old BMW for the same money instead of driving the "not so prestigious SEAT" :p One friend bought a second-hand BMW only to find himself with a totally blown engine in a month, having no warranty and dealers asking for some ridiculously high price for a new engine... Each to their own.

#24 ·
Tell me about it hahah actually here is the same thing if you buy something that is not Bmw, Audi or Mercedes they tell you heh you could have bought that instead of the car you bought. Even though as you stated its usually something old with god knows how many miles on the clock. But people are just upset about what others think about them instead of living their own lives :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.