Fully Digital Cluster

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Ateca

Re: Fully Digital Cluster

Post by Ateca » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Is there any possibility of retrofitting the digital cluster on my June 2017 Ateca?
SEAT Ateca 1.4 TSI ,150 HP, Style, white, Full LED headlights, LED interior lights, ACC, Urban style package, PSS package, Winter package, spare tire.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:58 pm

Ateca wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm
Is there any possibility of retrofitting the digital cluster on my June 2017 Ateca?
No without it costing £1000's just for the parts, plus going to be also issues coding the car i would guess... Cheeper to trade the car in for new model in a year!
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

Vuk1987

Post by Vuk1987 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:02 pm

So my dealer calls me today and says that we can now add the digital cluster for 400 euros. I asked if this would change my delivery date since I am in the middle of my 6 months Ateca wait. He said no and he also said that Seat will start to add the digital dash in Week 2 of 2018. I asked him some info about it but he doesn't seem to know any details about it. What he said was odd is that the price is great since this extra on other WAG group cars costs 800+ euros.

Managed to find a video and it looks amazing to be honest. Here is the video, you can see it from 20 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62LGicoVo5Y

My only concern about this is cost of repairs. My friend has a new opel corsa which hasn't got a digital cluster but has some digital instrument parts like the fuel-meter or how its called... Anyway he told me that a mechanic from Opel told him that when this brakes you have to change the clock as well and that it is like 150 euros only for that. That is not a lot of money at all but that is like a super small part of the console I can only image how much would it cost to repair the digital cluster then? Has any1 heard some rumors regarding digital clusters on Tiguans or other WAG cars that are already on the market with it for some time?

On the other hand it looks great, in the video you can see that it has shit-loads of customization options and what is most important it is an accessory that will be a standard in the next 5-7 years on pretty much all cars. All that will probably boost your re-sale value of the car tomorrow...

Randomgary

Post by Randomgary » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:52 pm

My dealer is suggesting it won't arrive in the UK until late 2018
Xcellence 1.4 DSG in Rodium Grey, heated windscreen and park assist. Ordered early Nov.

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am

Vuk1987, for €400 it’s a no-brainer. One must be mad not to add it to his order if allowed to do so. It will certainly make the car look more upmarket and will add to the resale value. This will be something I will be sorry I don’t have in my car but that’s the reality :(
On order (Oct 2): SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link)
Currently: SEAT Leon mk3 SC FR 1.8 TSI manual

Vuk1987

Post by Vuk1987 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Spoke to friend who is specialized in Electronics and he said that the technology they are using today is super advanced and reliable and that its not those digital clusters from 5-6 years ago that Citroen used. So yes made up my mind and mainly for the resale value as you stated CyberGene. Will be calling my dealer on Monday to confirm the digital dash :). Why don't you ask your dealer CyberGene? My dealer told me that he didn't know about this possibility but that another client who bought the Ateca at the same time I did was pushing him hard about this, so he contacted Seat Spain directly and they gave him the green light.

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Well, dealers last told me my Ateca was expected to be built this week, i.e. it should be ready by now. I asked them on Thursday but no reply. I've just seen they added the digital cluster in the pricelist and it's mentioned it will be available after week 6 of 2018. So, I seem to missed it by just a little but on the other hand I got lucky to have my order being built ridiculously fast. But I still have my doubts about that because it just doesn't make sense to have an Ateca built in a month and a half... It's either some cosmic luck I got or they messed it up in their system... or lying to me because I mentioned I might cancel my order and get a 3008 instead :D If for some reason they tell me now that my delivery will be shifted for next year as was the initial estimate, I will certainly force them to include digital dashboard.
On order (Oct 2): SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link)

Randomgary

Post by Randomgary » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm exploring the possibility of delaying my order to get the digital cluster
Xcellence 1.4 DSG in Rodium Grey, heated windscreen and park assist. Ordered early Nov.

Randomgary

Post by Randomgary » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Feeling slightly frustrated after a quick call to customer services.

I was enquiring what the time frame would be untill the cluster would be available on the UK configurator.

He just kept repeating that "only the cluster for the Cupra had been confirmed and they hadn't been notified of the Ateca"

I told him about Frankfurt, the announcement on seat UKs news feed and the fact that multiple European countries are already taking orders but it was like I was talking to a robot to be honest.

Explained I'm keen to process my order, would hate to go ahead and for the option to arrive soon after, would hate to wait months with no addition and burning up all that time.

Frustrating thing wasn't that they didn't know, they just were not keen to try to find out the answer!.

Countries I've seen currently taking orders are

Germany
Italy
Austria
Sweden
Czech republic

Please feel free to add anymore you are aware off

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:28 pm

Bulgaria as well but will apply for cars built after week 6 of 2018. Meaning if you order it, you will have to wait but there's always a big wait anyway as it seems...

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”