Re: Bye bye Ateca

Post by Tyo1980 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 am

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:13 pm
AndyE14 wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 am
ArnP wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am
I'd ditch mines in a heartbeat if I could. Back to BMW I think.

Its not a terrible car by any means, and it handles extremely well. Its overall fit and finish is substandard though (even Excellence/FR).

Just my opinion though!!!
How much more would a similarly equipped X3 cost to a well specced Xcellence 4WD DSG?

Our Ateca is the wife's car but I love it and think it is excellent value for the money. I think Audi does better interiors (even than BMW) but at a substantially higher price point. Rather have a decent spec list personally than spend more on a poverty spec car with better quality finish.
'
Fit and finish substandard? :oops: I couldn't agree more with AndyE14, there are other cars where the fit and finish are better (prize to anyone who can name one that's cheaper than the Ateca), and there are many cars where fit and finish is worse (some cars cost less and some more, MUCH more than the Ateca), but to describe the Ateca's fit and finish as 'substandard' ???? Bollocks.

SEAT is VW group's 'extra value' brand - it's what Aldi is to Waitrose, what EasyJet is to Virgin Atlantic, what the Chuckle Brothers are to the Two Ronnies.... I'm so intrigued to find out what part of the Ateca's Fit and Finish is 'substandard' ?
I purchased mine in September having issues with Apple Play but my biggest issue is annoying rattling inside coming from the door handles. I work away from home but to put it in the garage they are going to charge me for the use of a second car?
Last edited by Tyo1980 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am

I have it on a 2 year PCP would drop it and go back to my Kuga in a heart beat

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:37 am

Tyo1980 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:19 am
I purchased mine in September having issues with Apple Play but my biggest issue is annoying rattling inside coming from the door handles. I work away from home but to put it in the garage they are going to charge me for the use of a second car?
'
Is that a question or a statement?

If it's warranty work then the vast majority of dealerships over my lifetime have either offered their own courtesy car or arranged for a hire car via the manufacturer.

The only issue I've ever had with courtesy cars was Glasgow Mercedes who in return for my 1mth old C-Class, supplied me with a Vauxhall Vectra then insisted I paid the insurance. Only then did I find the dealership was actually part of the Arnold Clark empire, the vectra being supplied via their rental outlet. No such issues when I took my car to other Mercedes dealerships for servicing / warranty work.

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Tyo1980 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 am
I have it on a 2 year PCP would drop it and go back to my Kuga in a heart beat
I'd be interested to know why you prefer the Kuga. I might be leaving my company soon and if so I will probably have to give them the Ateca back. I've enjoyed the Ateca but there is no way I will buy new it isn't even an option anyway as I couldn't wait for delivery. There are a lot more nearly new Kugas on the market so it's an option I would definitely consider.
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

The handling of the Kuga which had the AWD system was vastly superior and I preferred the interior as regards taking it in to the dealer no courtesy car has been offered I work away 5 days a week and use the car so a catch 22.

Rade

Post by Rade » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Tyo1980 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am
The handling of the Kuga which had the AWD system was vastly superior and I preferred the interior as regards taking it in to the dealer no courtesy car has been offered I work away 5 days a week and use the car so a catch 22.
Out of all reasons you picked two that should really swing you to Ateca's direction. Ateca is well known for handling, one of the best (if not the best) in it's category and I subscribe to that. I don't wan't to comment too much on the interior but Kuga is frequently described as dated. It must have been really something very wrong with the Ateca you owned. What spec was that as that could make much difference?
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, Nevada white, 19" Exclusive alloys, top cam, seat sound, pano roof, navi system, styling kit Blue Connect,

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Rade wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm
Tyo1980 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am
Out of all reasons you picked two that should really swing you to Ateca's direction. Ateca is well known for handling, one of the best (if not the best) in it's category and I subscribe to that. I don't wan't to comment too much on the interior but Kuga is frequently described as dated. It must have been really something very wrong with the Ateca you owned. What spec was that as that could make much difference?
'
Drove a Kuga (2wd) for the 3 mths prior to collecting my Ateca. I agree with TYO1980, the Kuga is easily the best handling in the sector - probably just ahead of Ateca in steering feel and roadholding but where it differs is Ford achieve this with a more forgiving suspension. But that's where the positives end. Perceived build quality in VAG is light years ahead of Ford, as is the infotainment system. It's like someone saying they prefer Spar to Waitrose. :lol: The VAG engines are much more refined but feel more powerful too (the 180 bhp Ford I drove felt more like 120). And despite the Ford being the bigger car (needed stepladders when i was hand washing it) it's very surprising to find it has a smaller load area than the Ateca! Ford certainly does have some nasty cheap feeling plastics. Needless to say with all that in mind, it's unsurprising that depreciation is another big Ford nasty.

edit: Ford is better in another area - Voice control. Infotainment understood my Scots accent, with the Ateca I might as well be speaking Chinese.

Something caught my with the picture you posted above which led me to have a look at your posting history. I'm now really curious to find out why you got rid of the Ateca. The only clue was a recent posting where you mentioned it had been returned to the dealer several times, but I didn't read why you had to return it. ( apologies if I didn't see it mentioned).

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”