Dipping Wing Mirror when reversing?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
SteedyCat

Dipping Wing Mirror when reversing?

Post by SteedyCat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Does the Ateca nearside wing mirror dip down when reversing (for easier kerb vision) and then return to normal afterwards?

ScoobyDoo

Re: Dipping Wing Mirror when reversing?

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:51 pm

I think you'd have to program it via OBD-II.

Some previous threads on this.... I always found it useful in my Audi.
Coming soon.....
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 DSG, Black with 19" Alloys

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 pm

SteedyCat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm
Does the Ateca nearside wing mirror dip down when reversing (for easier kerb vision) and then return to normal afterwards?
'
No it doesn't. As per above reply, there are threads on how to enable this using a specific software tool BUT even when it is enabled, unlike your Audi, the mirror doesn't quite return to it's original position each time and you end up having to reset it again. Sounds a pain-in-the-butt tbh. I've just come to accept our SEAT isn't like the AUDI or VW.

My Skoda has this feature but then again I believe it's only because I have the electric memory seats. Perhaps SEAT is the same, perhaps you need to specify electric memory seats before the mirror dips and returns to it's original position.

tmehanna

Post by tmehanna » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Looks like the function is available standard now on week 45+ 2017 cars as per the 11/17 manual. Function is enabled from the Car Settings menu on the headunit under mirror and wipers

AutumnKnight

Post by AutumnKnight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 am

Why not just get a reversing camera? Probably less hassle in the long run.
Intending to buy...
Ateca 1.4 TSI Xcellence; colour + add-ons TBD

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I find the dipping mirror very useful for getting close but not too close to kerbs when reverse parking.
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

SheepyGooner

Post by SheepyGooner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:58 pm

I missed that feature too, I feel that I missed out on a couple of cool features seen as I was one of the early adopters to the ateca. Still love it though just would be the icing on the cake if it did have this on it.
On Order 25/4/2017: 1.4 SE Tech ECO TSI, Rodium Grey, KESSY, Parking Assist Plus, Sound Pack, Convenience Pack, Double Boot. Expected 20-21 Weeks! Arrived 6/7/2017 :D

Cristi

Post by Cristi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:31 pm
SteedyCat wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm
'
No it doesn't. As per above reply, there are threads on how to enable this using a specific software tool BUT even when it is enabled, unlike your Audi, the mirror doesn't quite return to it's original position each time and you end up having to reset it again. Sounds a pain-in-the-butt tbh. I've just come to accept our SEAT isn't like the AUDI or VW.

My Skoda has this feature but then again I believe it's only because I have the electric memory seats. Perhaps SEAT is the same, perhaps you need to specify electric memory seats before the mirror dips and returns to it's original position.
Updated functionality of this feature on all VAG cars including Audi will return the mirror to the original position after you go over speed threshold(same thd as when car gets locked or parking sensors are disabled after being used). The idea is to reduce wear on the mirror mechanics during parking maneuvers. It will just do it once instead of moving it up and down as many times as you go fw or bw.
To use the feature, just leave the knob in the passenger side setting. Adjust parking mirror position while in reverse gear to your liking.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”