Steering Wheel Lock

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Dsb18

Steering Wheel Lock

Post by Dsb18 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi
Does anyone on the forum know to a steering wheel lock that fits the Ateca, I have tried a few but they foul the center boss of the steering wheel and set the horn off.
I would like a physical deterrent as the keyless entry is a worry but cannot find a solution.

Thanks
Dave

tindle8topcliffe

Re: Steering Wheel Lock

Post by tindle8topcliffe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 am

One option you might like to consider is a pouch you can buy from Halfords for £10. You place the key in the pouch. This stops the thief being able to transmit signals from your key to the car. Useful when you are at home with the car on the drive. There is a lot of information online about keyless car thefts and how to avoid them. If you buy a wheel clamp the thief would have got into your car first and then made a mess of the wheel, removing the clamp which doesn’t take long for the determine thief. However the more anti theft devices the better.
Lava blue manual 1.4 tsi FR. One engine, 6 wheels, four doors, a back door, disco lighting, cinema screen on dash board, hook at the back for additional passenger to hang onto. Picked up 1st March 2018 from dealer

Dsb18

Post by Dsb18 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks for the reply, Its the visual deterrent of the wheel lock that interests me, just cant seemed to find one that fits.

mikejamestalbot

Post by mikejamestalbot » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 pm

You need to get a Stoplock Pro Elite. Its got a deeper 'bend' which fits the Ateca steering wheel. I bought mine from Amazon if I recall correctly, but I'm sure they probably sell it elsewhere...

Theres still a knack to fitting though - you have to make sure that the steering wheel is turned slightly clockwise from centre before the cars steering column lock activates (which annoyingly only happens when I open the drivers door) If you dont do this, you'll find that with the wheel centred the Stoplock just makes contact with the indicator stalk and because of the weight of it, pushes the stalk down a little and activates the 'parking light'

Dsb18

Post by Dsb18 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for the reply, does it damage the wheel, when I was trying a couple of models (not that one though) I was worried about it damaging the leather on the steering wheel.

mikejamestalbot

Post by mikejamestalbot » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:17 pm

I've been using mine since I got the car at the beginning of October and no signs of any visible damage so far. You just have to be careful putting it on and taking it off I guess, but as I say - no visible signs of damage so far :-)

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:57 pm

mikejamestalbot wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:19 pm
You need to get a Stoplock Pro Elite. Its got a deeper 'bend' which fits the Ateca steering wheel. I bought mine from Amazon if I recall correctly, but I'm sure they probably sell it elsewhere...
yes, you can buy it elsewhere nowadays, here for example - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stoplock-Pro ... Sw8W5aXest
is it the same that you have?
the thing is they do not list Ateca as a vehicle compatible with this lock..
ATECA EST 1.4ECOTSI XCLNCE DSG Velvet Red
ADVANCED COMFORT AND DRIVING PLUS PACK
TOW BAR PRE-INSTALLATION WITH HOOK
TOP VIEW CAMERA +PAEK ASSIST SYSTEM WITH STEERING ASSIST HEATED WINDSCREEN + SPACE SAVER SPARE WHEEL

mikejamestalbot

Post by mikejamestalbot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay in reply - I thought I'd clicked onto notifications, clearly not...

Yes - thats the one. the 'elite' version has a deeper bend allowing it to fit larger steering wheels. It definitely fits the ATECA :-)

Cheers,

Mike

ateca.jpg

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 pm

mikejamestalbot wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:11 pm
Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay in reply - I thought I'd clicked onto notifications, clearly not...

Yes - thats the one. the 'elite' version has a deeper bend allowing it to fit larger steering wheels. It definitely fits the ATECA :-)

Cheers,

Mike

I don't mean to be rude etc or be a troll but why would you bother fitting a steering wheel lock? is there any justifiable cause where you live or have you had passed instances where cars have being stolen? If it was an Audi Q3 I could perhaps understand, even though cars are very similar, it is all about the badge with sporty nose criminal...
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:12 pm

The biggest risk would be from other Ateca fans who have given up waiting for one!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”