Servicing help !!!!!!!!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
edp33

Servicing help !!!!!!!!

Post by edp33 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi

I am just about to sign a 2 year lease contract for an Ateca, based on 6K miles per annum direct from the dealership. Now in terms of the servicing i'm really confused

The dealership is stating I would need 2 services, first service is minor so £135 I think they said, and second service is major so £275.
Is this right? I saw another thread in January with someone who was doing 10K miles per annum and said it would only need 1 service after 2 years, 20K miles???

Then in terms of service plans, I thought the lease plan said £11.48 per month for the duration of the lease, which comes to £137.76. This would represent a good saving, but again the dealership said it only covers the servicing for 1st year. Again another forum user had a similar quote and it covered the duration of the lease...

They are pushing me towards the £21 a month for 18 months which works out to be £378

Please can anyone shed any light on their experience of servicing costs/plans etc, having to hold up signing the contract until I get this cleared up

Thanks
Last edited by edp33 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golfmk56

Re: Servicing help !!!!!!!!111

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:20 pm

My tuppence worth - If I were in your shoes, a 2 year lease on 6k a year and I'm not purchasing the car at the end of the lease? It would cost me £0 for servicing because I'd be keeping it on longlife servicing regime.

edp33

Re: Servicing help !!!!!!!!

Post by edp33 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Ok thanks, i think they would need at least one service, The paperwork says

Servicing
Ensure the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended intervals as recommended by a SEAT dealer. You responsible for any damage not deemed to be fair wair and tear

Maintenance
The cost of servicing and maintainance can be covered by SEAT financial services based on your term and mileage the cost would be

Servicing and maintenance £11.48 per month
Servicing and maintenance and tyres £12.80 per month

Based on this being the term i dont see why that is limited to the first 12 months as the dealer said... argggggggg

Will call SEAT uk and see what they say

stupra

Post by stupra » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm

As Golfmk56 says, £0.

My car is on a 3year lease, 8k pa, non maintained, ie I'm responsible for services.
My dealer told me on collection of the car, backed up by the cars service indiactor, it is on long-life service plan. Therefore in three years, my poor car will only get its oil refreshed once. Unless it reverts back to yearly services after 2 years?
SEAT Ateca SE Technology in Rodium Grey with Convenience pack. Build week 37, delivery 12th Oct 17.

3 Alteas, an Exeo ST and a Leon Cupra K1 (slightly modified!) all gone but not forgotten.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm

edp33 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm
Ok thanks, i think they would need at least one service, The paperwork says

Servicing
Ensure the vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommended intervals as recommended by a SEAT dealer. You responsible for any damage not deemed to be fair wair and tear

Maintenance
The cost of servicing and maintainance can be covered by SEAT financial services based on your term and mileage the cost would be

Servicing and maintenance £11.48 per month
Servicing and maintenance and tyres £12.80 per month

Based on this being the term i dont see why that is limited to the first 12 months as the dealer said... argggggggg

Will call SEAT uk and see what they say
'
Maintenance! What maintenance is your car going to need in the first 2 years? As for tyres :shock: Well if that's an insurance policy against accidental damage then it's up to you but if it only covers the cost of new tyres - new tyres on a car that will have covered approx 12,000 miles? I don't think so.

It's been said before - your engine has sensors that will detect when an oil change is required. Given you're hardly using the car (6000 per year) then you'd have to be seriously thrashing it for those sensors to request an oil change within the 12,000 miles of your lease.

Sounds more like it's a salesman advising you rather than the service dept. Remember it's their car not yours, so little wonder they're trying to offset any additional costs on to you.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:05 pm

This 20000 mile oil change is not exactly new.

I took delivery of a new Audi 100 in 1985 and that had its first scheduled oil change at 20000 miles.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm intrigued. At what point do you need to specify what service schedule you want?. The reason I ask is that the factory probably put the oil in my engine before I made a decision. Does this mean that all cars default to long life service schedules with long life oil and it's up to the new owner to decide if they prefer annual services going forward? I don't recall my dealer rushing to tell the factory about my choice of annual service plan particularly as I didn't arrange it until a couple of weeks before I picked the car up.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

tobydog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 pm
I'm intrigued. At what point do you need to specify what service schedule you want?. The reason I ask is that the factory probably put the oil in my engine before I made a decision. Does this mean that all cars default to long life service schedules with long life oil and it's up to the new owner to decide if they prefer annual services going forward? I don't recall my dealer rushing to tell the factory about my choice of annual service plan particularly as I didn't arrange it until a couple of weeks before I picked the car up.
'
Your car will have left the factory with longlife-grade oil and was set up for longlife servicing regime. When they PDI the vehicles, some dealers leave it as longlife, some change it to 'time and distance' and some will ask which service regime you prefer. I wasn't given the option with either car but our Skoda was delivered to already setup for longlife and the Ateca setup for 'time and distance'. I'm returning the ATECA to the supplying dealer to have this reset back to Longlife.

edp33

Post by edp33 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Ok thanks for feedback

I rang both seat uk and spoke to the dealership and both said the servicing schedule must be set by the dealership, and based on the mileage it cant be longlife service hence it will need a 12 month minor then 2 year full.

But they did make a mistake on the service and maintenance plan it is for the full 2 years so will work out alot cheaper than paying at the time or even the 21 a month x 18 months option. Im just interesting in servicing as tyres wont need changing.

Maybe its different for leasing direct from the dealership rather than going via a broker.

Anyhow contract signed. Cant wait to pick it up :)

Ulrich

Post by Ulrich » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

Golfmk56 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Your car will have left the factory with longlife-grade oil and was set up for longlife servicing regime. When they PDI the vehicles, some dealers leave it as longlife, some change it to 'time and distance' and some will ask which service regime you prefer. I wasn't given the option with either car but our Skoda was delivered to already setup for longlife and the Ateca setup for 'time and distance'. I'm returning the ATECA to the supplying dealer to have this reset back to Longlife.
Could you tell me why are you reverting to Longlife?
And any ideas why for the TS the dealership said that "based on the mileage it cant be longlife service hence it will need a 12 month minor then 2 year full"?
ATECA EST 1.4ECOTSI XCLNCE DSG Velvet Red
ADVANCED COMFORT AND DRIVING PLUS PACK
TOW BAR PRE-INSTALLATION WITH HOOK
TOP VIEW CAMERA +PAEK ASSIST SYSTEM WITH STEERING ASSIST HEATED WINDSCREEN + SPACE SAVER SPARE WHEEL

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”