Yet another good review..

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Ghiggz

Yet another good review..

Post by Ghiggz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Another glowing 5* review posted today on auto express..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/ateca ... 016-review
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Magpie86

Re: Yet another good review..

Post by Magpie86 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Some nice pics of the first edition there as well :-) Still think the matt black is nicer than the chrome.
Ateca First Edition 1.0 TSI, Samoa Orange

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:14 pm

And here's another pretty good one. For the 1ltr TSI this time -

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/sea ... -se-review
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Not too sure about three cylinder myself, feels a bit Citroën Dyane too me. I'd like to hear thatvrun. I would be happy not to have lots of chrome but with the alcantara upholstery. I don't think the chrome will keep well and the leather will split if you keep the car long term as I do, so I would have been happy to option them out if you could.

Did read some adverse stuff about keyless entry on VW Golf 7s today. The issue was the boot wasn't covered very well in sensing the fod, people were putting their jackets, racket sets etc with key in the boot and finding themselves locked out as the car auto locked but didn't pick up the keys were present. Something too look out for with Kessy entry, keep the keys with you to be on the safe side.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Dunn VAG Happy

Post by Dunn VAG Happy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:15 pm

The Chrome window surrounds and Aluminium roof rails wont tarnish if cared for properly. Ive had similar on my A3 in the past and with the right care the looked great. But same goes for the paintwork and trims, treat it all well from the start and the car will continue to look its best for years to come. Ill be spending a good few hours every month cleaning and detailing the car along with the weekly washes.

Now Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioning balm had kept the leather interior in my Audi perfect and that had 156000 miles on when i parted with it in July. Again with the correct care you wont see any problems with the leather seats. Remember they design car seats to take a lot of sliding in and out of and stitch and join fabric so it doesnt do that. So in my opinion Tell its wrong to assume that they will split.

And Kessey is designed to pick up the key in the boot along with in close proximity to the vehicle, the key inside will prevent the vehicle from locking, or so i read anyway.
Xcellence 2.0TDi 4 Drive Manual, Seat Sound, Nevada White, plus some added extras

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:34 pm

I'll check my car cleaning supplies to see whether in many Xmas presents I got given leather cleaner. I was brought up with leather seats before they moved to cloth and they were horribly cracked. I reckon after 12 years it will just age into cracks and splits as my leather coats did, and they we're cheap.

Surprising on the VW Mk7s key sensing, it was a common fault. I know there are diagrams on the Kessy proximity for the Ateca. Some Mk7 owners tried to simulate but didn't succeed, others just got locked out and that was due to the key being put down in the boot, proximity sensor not reading the key in the boot. I'll keep mine in my shoulder bag or trouser pocket then switch to rucksack if using that or coat not in the boot, days of suites and jackets long gone. Don't trust trouser pockets for it not to slip out. Seems to effect the sporting types and people putting their jackets in the boot for security and getting the ultimate security.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

I may just wear my key as a necklace In that case ;)
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Ghiggz wrote:Another glowing 5* review posted today on auto express..

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/ateca ... 016-review

Nice to see good reviews on First Editions. Especially for 1.6 tdi, since that's going to be my motor for at least next 4 years :D :D .
First edition 1.6 tdi in Nevada White.

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Dunn VAG Happy wrote: Now Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioning balm had kept the leather interior in my Audi perfect and that had 156000 miles on when i parted with it in July. Again with the correct care you wont see any problems with the leather seats. Remember they design car seats to take a lot of sliding in and out of and stitch and join fabric so it doesnt do that. So in my opinion Tell its wrong to assume that they will split.
Years back, must have been 98/99, I bought a Calibra turbo with leather interior, got it 4yrs old on 70k, in immaculate condition, sold it six years later on about 130k, leather still in great nick, with zero splits, rips or tears..
Did the entire interior with the autoglym stuff every month.. Kept it lovely..

Ha, it reminds me actually, girl I was seeing at the time had these really expensive designer black leather knee boots, I praised the autoglym so much, one wknd she used it on her boots, the leather went so soft every time she wore them they just collapsed into a heap around her ankles and she stopped wearing them and binned them in the end... Pmsl.
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 pm

I think it's press day today for the Ateca in Manchester so expect lots more reviews to appear soon...

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”