Full Link - all apps from phone

All Seat Ateca related discussions
MBM

Full Link - all apps from phone

Post by MBM » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Have seen a couple of videos where people are mirroring the whole phone to the screen and are able to play movies, TV broadcast etc.
Does this work flawless or is there issues regarding phone-brand, cables etc.
Whats your experience?
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

Glendia

Re: Full Link - all apps from phone

Post by Glendia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:57 pm

I have an iPhone and therefore use the Apple Carplay component of full-link , my comments are therefore only for Carplay and not Mirror link or Android auto.

You need to connect your phone via a lightning cable to one of the usb ports of the car.
You do not get a full mirror image of the phone screen , just those apps that will support Carplay e.g. Apple Maps, the phone dial screen itself, WhatsApp , Spotify etc.

As I say I cannot speak for the other phone technologies but Apple restrict what apps will be supported by Carplay, and most likely they are keeping it to apps that will not distract a driver too much, so its digital radio stations, music services etc. I cannot ever seeing them allowing drivers to play video though it .e.g. YouTube , maybe I'm wrong though !
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys

JakeAteca

Post by JakeAteca » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 pm

have also been trying to do this with my android phone. watched lots of videos on youtube but can't quite work it out :oops: haha.
Seat Ateca SE, Lave Blue, Rear view camera.

AlasdairMac

Post by AlasdairMac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm

I think that there is potentially too much driver distraction with some of the apps available and the car being fitted with the ability for the driver to be able to watch video while driving is actually illegal in the U.K.
Ateca 2.0 TDi 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive Sunroof, Black.

MBM

Post by MBM » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Maybe it is phone specific.
Saw it with using a Samsung galaxy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLIyA0OaUs
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

rijack

Post by rijack » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Glendia wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:57 pm
I have an iPhone and therefore use the Apple Carplay component of full-link , my comments are therefore only for Carplay and not Mirror link or Android auto.

You need to connect your phone via a lightning cable to one of the usb ports of the car.
You do not get a full mirror image of the phone screen , just those apps that will support Carplay e.g. Apple Maps, the phone dial screen itself, WhatsApp , Spotify etc.

As I say I cannot speak for the other phone technologies but Apple restrict what apps will be supported by Carplay, and most likely they are keeping it to apps that will not distract a driver too much, so its digital radio stations, music services etc. I cannot ever seeing them allowing drivers to play video though it .e.g. YouTube , maybe I'm wrong though !
Does Waze work? Or only apple maps?
1.0TSI SE Technology, Billa White - ordered 4/2/18

Glendia

Post by Glendia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:29 am

Waze is not supported by CarPlay afaik
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:23 am

No one has tried full mirroring with android so video etc. kan be played on the screen?
Denmark.

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm

There is an app for android called Floating Apps for Auto which is one of the ways in which full mirroring of sorts is possible
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:08 pm

cbcdesign1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm
There is an app for android called Floating Apps for Auto which is one of the ways in which full mirroring of sorts is possible
So you have tried it and it's is working?
Denmark.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”