Media system faulty after 1 month

All Seat Ateca related discussions
stevanovski

Media system faulty after 1 month

Post by stevanovski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi guys looking for some Info
My media screen has packed in and needs a new u it after only one month of ownership

The screen is blank but music still works
I’ve complained to Arnold Clark and the part is on back order but could be up to 6 months wait for the part

Arnold Clark have told me they will spk to seat about a goodwill gesture but not sure if they will offer one or not.

Where do I stand regarding a faulty part after only a month

Pubsinger

Re: Media system faulty after 1 month

Post by Pubsinger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Well, sadly, things break and you've been unlucky.

I'm sure the dealer would happily replace it.... but what can they do? You'd hope they'd do everything possible to source a replacement, I suppose some dealers would make more effort than others, Have you approached Seat UK yourself?

What sort of goodwill gesture are they talking about?

Pub

stevanovski

Post by stevanovski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Think I’ll contact seat myself on Monday
They have tried to get me another car but it won’t be an ateca and I’m not accepting a car that I’m not happy with for close to 6 months

Not sure what sort of goodwill I would get from seat

David_S

Post by David_S » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:34 pm

6 months??? So this is where all the delays are coming from when it comes to manufacturing cars then is it?

In all seriousness I don't see how it can take them 6 months to obtain a part that is fitted in to new cars week in week out. My guess is that somewhere along the line someone is not prepared to try hard enough to get one for you in a decent period of time.
Enjoying since 18/01/2017:

Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Tsi, Cheapskate Blue, Seat Sound, Heated Windscreen, 19" alloys, anything else is just showing off and probably won't work anyway. :D 8-)

stevanovski

Post by stevanovski » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Was told if a part is on back order they need to make a new unit and they won’t just make one they will make it in batches
Then needs to be shipped over

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:35 pm

stevanovski wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm
Hi guys looking for some Info
My media screen has packed in and needs a new u it after only one month of ownership

The screen is blank but music still works
I’ve complained to Arnold Clark and the part is on back order but could be up to 6 months wait for the part

Arnold Clark have told me they will spk to seat about a goodwill gesture but not sure if they will offer one or not.

Where do I stand regarding a faulty part after only a month

Sorry to here this - you really will have to wait, of course make a big fuss etc and take everything of goodwill they offer. You can't reject the car in full for 'just a radio unit' if it developed a fault after month, under 30 days is another issue.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

Pubsinger

Post by Pubsinger » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 am

Is it only the media feature that's failed, is all the other stuff OK, Radio, Nav, Phone, settings and all that jazz?

Does media info come up on the dash between the dials?

Pub

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:15 am

Pubsinger wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 am
Is it only the media feature that's failed, is all the other stuff OK, Radio, Nav, Phone, settings and all that jazz?

Does media info come up on the dash between the dials?

Pub
Also Have you tried resetting the media head unit? I occasionally had this with the Leon it would just go completely blank but you could still use a steering wheel controls to adjust it.

to reset the head unit simply, the engine running, hold down the power button for a good 20 to 30 seconds of the media unit. release. and then it will reboot
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

AndyE14

Post by AndyE14 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Reject the car and demand a refund, that might concentrate their minds it is unacceptable to have such a fault so soon after taking delivery and to wait 6 months for a fix. Get your money back.
2.0L 190 PS 4WD DSG, Rodium grey, heated windscreen, panoramic sunroof, xcellence pack, advanced driving & comfort pack plus 2, navigation system plus pack, electric drivers seat, boot divider net.

stevanovski

Post by stevanovski » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Am I not to late for that
I collected car on 26th jan

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”