Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Service book?

19K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Glandnut 
G
#1 ·
My Ateca is going in for its first service tomorrow (Its a year old already :eek: ), so I thought I'd better check I have the service book so it gets stamped.
I've just looked in the little folder that they give you with the car that holds the manual and the like and I don't seem to have one.

Now I assume I am actually supposed to have a service booklet and they don't just do it electronically or something?

#2 ·
I have looked at mine and the wife's Arona and neither has a service book, all there is in both is a print out on A4 paper titled complete service record with the PDI date on so I am in mind they now hold it electronically

#6 ·
I asked about the service book when I picked the car up a couple of months ago and was told that they didn't issue service books now as it was fully electronic, but that they would give me a receipt for each service to prove the cars service record. No sticker though.

#7 ·
I have a year old Ateca and yes I definetly have a service book. Lime green in colour titled 'Maintenance Programme cars' and most importantly it has a sticker on inside cover with the VIN Number and codes for paint and engine spec etc.

G
#9 ·
Yep, yet another way to try to make people to service they cars only in an authorized garage. Since you guys are going to leave the EU, it may not be much of a concern for you. We "insiders" are still going to have right to service the car anywhere we like. ;)

#10 ·
Keiff said:
They stopped issuing service books and went electronic about mid 2017.
If you ask at service desk they will print of vehicles service history.
Picked my new Ateca up yesterday and was given a service book.

#12 ·
Ghiggz said:
I had a service book in mine from new, but thought it was 2yrs/20k for service??
My dash flagged up a service at 8k/11months and when I took it in they said no action required and they just reset it...
10,000 miles/12 months I was told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.