Any recommendations for French trip ?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
slowprop

Any recommendations for French trip ?

Post by slowprop » Mon May 28, 2018 10:40 am

I'm taking the family over to France this summer. I need to buy a spare bulb kit and some of those headlight adaptors. Have you guys got any recommendations for a set of bulbs for the Ateca and also I seem to remember that those universal headlight adaptors can be a bit confusing. Are there any you have found work well ?

Thanks
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

luca

Re: Any recommendations for French trip ?

Post by luca » Mon May 28, 2018 11:28 am

I’ve taken the Ateca to France a couple of times, the lights are fine without adjustment (sure I saw it somewhere in the manual). I’d also recommend getting a tag to make paying the motorway tolls easier. Look up Sanef Tolling on the internet, takes the tolls direct from your UK bank account. There’s a small admin fee, but if you don’t use it you don’t pay it.
1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence Rodium Grey Park Assist Top View Camera Advanded Comfort and Driving Pack Plus Electric Tailgate Heated Windscreen Electrically Adjustable Seat - ordered wk 20 (15 May 2017), confirmed build wk 39, delivered wk 43 (27 October 2017)

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Thanks Luca that's saved me buying the adjusters. We decided to avoid the slog along the French toll roads this time. Sailing Portsmouth to Cherbourg and staying a few miles from there. Thanks for the tip though. Might be handy next time.
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

Billio

Post by Billio » Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi Slowprop,

Make sure you know where the nearest SEAT franchise is. Check your tyre size and be aware that tyres have to match on the same axle, I had to buy 2 tyres when I had a puncture as I had to buy Michelins instead. There might be some available at an Audi garage as another poster on this forum says they might match the same size as the Q2.

I have to have a VE103 form, available from SEAT Finance for free, to show I am allowed to drive the car as it is on contract, so I am not the legal owner. This form lasts for a year and takes a few days to arrive.

There are no tolls on Brittany motorways (yet).

And drive on the right.

Happy Motoring

Billio
Excellence 1.4 EcoTSI Rodium Grey, Spare Wheel and Double Floor with Pack 1. Ordered March 8th, picked up 30th June, and it's great.

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Mon May 28, 2018 4:38 pm

check your settings for the headlights, my Skoda octavia 2013 had an option to change the headlights to left or right side drive. Not sure if the Ateca has the same settings, my octavia had the adjustable xenon headlights.

enjoy your trip
(Skoda Octavia '13)
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45 ( not confirmed)
Delivery: hopefully end of november 18

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Mon May 28, 2018 5:52 pm

You might also need a High-viz vest of some sort.

luca

Post by luca » Mon May 28, 2018 6:41 pm

And breathalyser kits! :roll:
1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence Rodium Grey Park Assist Top View Camera Advanded Comfort and Driving Pack Plus Electric Tailgate Heated Windscreen Electrically Adjustable Seat - ordered wk 20 (15 May 2017), confirmed build wk 39, delivered wk 43 (27 October 2017)

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Mon May 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Suggest you read this https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/
A few notables are:
You need your "Log" Book with you
You need a hi-viz for each occupant
You cannot have a Radar device, this has recently been extended to include Speedcam info in Sat Nav (i.e. POI)
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Yorkshirelad

Post by Yorkshirelad » Mon May 28, 2018 9:58 pm

You MUST carry your driving licence in the car with you. If you wear glasses for driving, you must have a spare pair in the car. If you get stopped by the police, be polite. Mate of mine 'lost' his number plate while driving. Got pulled and instead of accepting an on the spot fine of about 50¢, it went up and up until he realised every time he opened his mouth it got worse. Think it cost him 200¢ in the end! If you see a sign for a speed camera, there will almost certainly be a camera within the next couple of kilometres, some of them are grey and can be hard to see. From what I can gather, speed cameras are being privatised and are getting a reputation for being even sneakier. You can not drive in flip flops, and must wear something on top, T shirt or vest at least. (I live there six months of the year...enjoy some of the best roads in Europe).
1.6 TDi, SE Technology in Velvet Red (Wife insisted on't colour) :roll: Adjustable boot floor. Ordered 17/8/17 delivered 24/11/17.

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Tue May 29, 2018 7:52 am

holy crap is this France you all on about or North Korea??
Put me off ever driving there!!!
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”