Any recommendations for French trip ?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
jamesiow

Re: Any recommendations for French trip ?

Post by jamesiow » Tue May 29, 2018 10:07 am

Also be careful where you park just as sneak or more about parking charges than in the U.K. Plus the other disadvantage most French people don’t give a damn about cars will happily slam open their doors or knock a parked car.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Thanks guys. I'm fine with most of the rules in France. Touch wood I have never been stopped either in a car or on a motorcycle. It's just that I've not taken the Ateca yet. So it looks like the lights are probably fine but I will check the manuel. I'll probably just go for a set of bulbs which appear to be ok for most Seats. The ones I have are for a motorcycle !
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm

My tip would be not to stop anywhere where it says 'Brocante'... SWMBO thinks brocante means Antique Shop, whereas in truth it means over-priced Junk Shop.

Advanced Tip: Tell her they close for the summer...
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Flakmunky wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm
My tip would be not to stop anywhere where it says 'Brocante'... SWMBO thinks brocante means Antique Shop, whereas in truth it means over-priced Junk Shop.

Advanced Tip: Tell her they close for the summer...
Sounds like that's an expensive lesson learned. Thanks !

Billio

Post by Billio » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi All

More French stuff.

The government have seen fit to reduce the speed limit on rural roads from 90kph to 80kph from July 1st.

There is a lot of opposition to this, but I think it will still go ahead.

Before you travel, make sure you are aware of the speed limits on all the different types of roads, I am sure the old gendarmes will be on every country road trying to catch out the rosbifs from next week.

And I still haven't seen any French Ateca's on the road for months.

Happy motoring..

Billio
Excellence 1.4 EcoTSI Rodium Grey, Spare Wheel and Double Floor with Pack 1. Ordered March 8th, picked up 30th June, and it's great.

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:23 pm

Drive on the Right :-)

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Slowprop, I'd be interested to know how you get on

We did a road trip to top half of Italy last year - our first trip aboard by car (but not in Ateca - didn't have it then).
Had an over night stop at Dijon on way to Italy - in truth we tried to do too many miles in a few days but survived lol

Later this year we'll do a similar trip to the bottom half of France, the French (toll) roads were a breeze, thou the fuel more expensive as you'd expect.

In addition to the items mentioned we also took a fire extinguisher - think this was mandatory for Italy - but never a bad think to have with you.

Have a good trip :-)
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Well. I've been quite suddenly offered a very good early retirement deal at work and i leave just 11 days before my holiday to France. I enquired about buying the Ateca from the company and they told me their policy was to reallocate cars less than 1 year old and mine would be just short of 11 months old.
I spent a while looking around at cars and was getting really fed up with car dealers so I thought I'd give the company car people another call and ask them to reconsider selling me the Ateca. Anyway, they decided to make an exception and gave me a decent price to buy it with only 5500 miles on it. I looked around on Parkers and Autotrader and decided I'd struggle to get one as good for the same money so I've decided to buy the Ateca.
So it looks like I'll be taking it over there after all.

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

We are looking to go to France too, end of Aug time. Be the first proper trip for 'Samantha' so would be interested in where you are aiming for.

We are looking around Nimes to stop for a week and then head over to Northern Italy for a week but nothing is fixed as yet
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 pm

On a motorway, the ACC knows not to undertake vehicles on the right... in the UK... does it know that it should be looking for cars on the left when on the continent?

I know from touring France in a Golf some years ago that the satnav knew you were driving on the right as roundabout exits were correctly numbered, for example what would be the 1st exit if you were driving on the left became e.g. the 3rd exit when driving on the right.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”