Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

174K views 441 replies 61 participants last post by  Onlyhalfmad 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know we have the very useful Lead Times thread that has been present as buyers have patiently waited for their Atecas.

I thought it may be useful to gather people's info from their dealerships regarding what impact WLTP is having on them.

I have just ordered a 1.4TSI Ateca and have been advised that it will be 22+ weeks.

What have you heard and read?
What will WLTP mean to us?

Interested in your thoughts and opinions!

#28 ·
Just heard a story from a guy (Dutch) that he ordered a 1.4 in february and the 1.4 engines are all gone and they won't start making the 1.5 till october. So nobody who ordered an 1.4 will be getting his car any day soon.

#29 ·
So when my19 order opens it looks like the extra options are going to be limited. Compared to what is on the current configurator, there are only a few extra options listed on the right hand side of the my19 file. So looks like no more SEAT Sound, top view camera, double boot floor, driving assistance packs, 19 inch wheels (unless you order the FR Sport or XCELLENCE Lux), etc?

Just as well I read on the other forum that orders made in MY18 will receive at least what they ordered (minus the 1.4 engine) and any extras will be manually added, because otherwise I'd be pretty peed off to find most of the extras I chose to add wouldn't be on my car. Even if the price was adjusted I still wouldn't be pleased because I ordered the car with the extras that I actually wanted otherwise I wouldn't have made an order.

Matthijs82 said:
Just heard a story from a guy (Dutch) that he ordered a 1.4 in february and the 1.4 engines are all gone and they won't start making the 1.5 till october. So nobody who ordered an 1.4 will be getting his car any day soon.
I haven't heard anything about whether there aren't any 1.4 engines left, but a SEAT dealer posted on another forum that in MY19 the 1.4 will be replaced with the 1.5. I wonder why SEAT closed orders for the 1.4 in February and then re-opened ordering again in April. I was one of the people who thought that they missed out on ordering a 1.4 Ateca in February and I was glad when ordering reopened in April so went ahead and made my order but now because of the long lead times/my19/WLTP we are going to be getting a 1.5 instead... which personally I am apprehensive about due to reading negative reviews about the 1.5 engine.

1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo https://www.trocforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=266

1.5 SEL first gear issue https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/446820-15-sel-first-gear-issue/

http://www.evo.co.uk/volkswagen/golf/19863/volkswagen-golf-15-tsi-evo-review-does-the-evo-engine-make-for-an-evo-car

#32 ·
Matthijs82 said:
freddie said:
If you ordered the 1.4 in the UK then you should still be getting the 1.4 engine.
I highly doubt this. Where did you get this information from?
I ordered a brand new ateca with the 1.4 DSG on Saturday and the dealer didn't mention anything about the possiblity of the engine being replaced by the 1.5.

I thought the UK still had its own amount of reserved 1.4 engines that it could sell, but i might be just making that up :?

#33 ·
I spoke to my dealer last week and he says they know nothing about changing the engines fro 1.4 to 1.5 but we shall see maybe a phone call to Seat hq.

#35 ·
If the car isn't already confirmed to be built by end of June, it will be built as a MY19 so will be built with a 1.5 TSI 150ps engine not 1.4 TSI 150ps

You get a confirmed build week 4 weeks before it's actually built. So dealer should know for sure if it's coming as a 1.4 or 1.5

#38 ·
freddie said:
"Unconfirmed orders for 1.4 EcoTSI 150 in Leon and Ateca will switch across to the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 once MY19 opens for ordering on these engines."

All of us that have had the 1.4 confirmed should get the 1.4
It seems that accepted by the factory and confirmed are not the same thing, so if a customer doesn't have a confirmed build week then the order is classed as unconfirmed

An unconfirmed order is one which does not have a confirmed build week, regardless of when that order was placed by the retailer or accepted by the factory.

#39 ·
Polo said:
freddie said:
"Unconfirmed orders for 1.4 EcoTSI 150 in Leon and Ateca will switch across to the 1.5 TSI EVO 150 once MY19 opens for ordering on these engines."

It seems that accepted by the factory and confirmed are not the same thing, so if a customer doesn't have a confirmed build week then the order is classed as unconfirmed

An unconfirmed order is one which does not have a confirmed build week, regardless of when that order was placed by the retailer or accepted by the factory.
When I phoned Seat UK as my dealership are rubbish up until the Friday before it was meant to be built it was still showing as an unconfirmed build week for week 24, then when I phoned the Friday of the following week 15/06/18 Seat UK told me that it was built and on the ship to the UK. That was 2 weeks ago and the dealership has still not contacted me to say it has been built let alone that its on its way. So phoning Seat UK tomorrow to see if the car has arrived in the UK and then its a trip to the dealership with hubby to see them and to find out what is going on.

#40 ·
Rae9911 said:
Polo said:
freddie said:

When I phoned Seat UK as my dealership are rubbish up until the Friday before it was meant to be built it was still showing as an unconfirmed build week for week 24, then when I phoned the Friday of the following week 15/06/18 Seat UK told me that it was built and on the ship to the UK. That was 2 weeks ago and the dealership has still not contacted me to say it has been built let alone that its on its way. So phoning Seat UK tomorrow to see if the car has arrived in the UK and then its a trip to the dealership with hubby to see them and to find out what is going on.
oh wow, that is some bad communication by the dealer. It would probally be the last car I would buy there.
But glad you received some good news from Seat UK.

#41 ·
I ordered my Ateca several weeks ago through a personal lease hire with Seat. Expected delivery during back end of September and happy with his. Recently signed a waiver form regarding the emissions changes and told I would be getting the new spec model which now included winter pack

Received a call today from the dealer who has been advised by Seat that he should try and sell me stock that almost meets my spec or I will have to do a complete re order and price quote for the new model. The dealer was baffled as am I. Seat customer service will hopefully get back to me!!

#42 ·
#46 ·
Dudleythecat said:
They only have a few cars and not happy with specs. Dealer is great and Seat seem to be the problem
Friend of mine tried to buy an SE Tech, dealer said that SE Tech has been affected by WLTP so couldn't get one, so maybe that yours didn't get built before they ran out. He said there's a replacement edition called the SE L as an alternative. Loads more kit for not much more money, but different wheels.

#48 ·
I was wondering (dont think I read it here), but what does WLTP mean for the people here in different countries? (other than horrible lead times).

For me: The Netherlands
- Longer lead times.
- an unknown pricerise. (example, the Astra 1.6 diesel is going to cost € 5000 more)

#50 ·
My wife was having her Ibiza serviced today and they had just had a delivery of Ateca's.
And one had a digital dash, and now having seen one in real life I am so glad I ordered it.
Also caused a second thought on colour as a velvet red one had just come out of preparation and after a talk with my wife we have asked if we can change our colour choice. Having never seen an Ateca in the red in the flesh it is not as bright as I thought and looks totally different from my wife's cherry red Ibiza.
As we have not had a build date they have said should be able to do a change, watch this space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.