WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

All Seat Ateca related discussions
GlennS

Re: WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

Post by GlennS » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 pm

See members gallery :-)
Ordered Ateca FR 1.5 TSI, Energy Blue, manual, convenience pack, heated windscreen, spare wheel on 19/04/2018. Delivery due Week42 (Mid-October) Picked up week 43

scodabey

Post by scodabey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:12 pm

Picked up mine this morning and all of the options (and there were a lot of them) were fitted, including the rear camera. Not sure if by having spec'd the 360 camera made any difference.

Pics to follow :)

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Well, the 360 camera would be pretty useless without the rear camera!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

scodabey

Post by scodabey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm

Yeah, but with the way SEAT do things, it wouldn't have surprised me if they turned it into a 270' camera 😂

smokey

Post by smokey » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Sop wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:34 am
Seems like everyone is getting 1.5tsi with manual or dsg transmision but no one has get ateca in 4 motion.
When 4 motion versions will be produced?
Whether they'll stick to this is anyone's guess, and presumably depends how quick your dealer is at getting in once they do open...

seat.jpg

Ja5on

Post by Ja5on » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Picked mine up and couldn't be happier. Trying to sort insurance is fun :roll: Hardly anyone has it on their systems yet. Admiral lists the new 1.5 petrol engine but only in XCELLENCE spec. I'm sure the full spec range will start to populate systems soon enough.

I'll get some pics tomorrow :D

Analoguekid

Post by Analoguekid » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:43 am

Well my Xcellence was delivered yesterday, 1.5l had Leather sports seats and winter pack as was on previous xcellence, but as a bonus it came with Park Pilot (doubt I'll use it more than once for the novelty factor) Adaptive cruise which will have some use, and heated windscreen which will be very useful in central Scotland, only done 20 miles in it so far, but it's superb.

My wife prefers it to her 18plate BMWX1 118d Msport, (so do I) the handling is sharp, perfect for me, but I do wonder if you had 2 young kids in the back it may be a bit firm.

For the last couple of months I have had a Ford Kuga ST 1.5l petrol on hire (my Ateca is a company car) same power, similar type of car, the Ateca is quicker, handles better (the Ford is not a bad handler) and is nicer inside, the entertainment system in the Seat is light years ahead of the Ford, especially how it handles iPod and phone connections, all in all very pleased with my choice and it was worth the wait.

My one niggle is the USB ports, I have a 160GB iPod has my music on it, I'm old school who has a few thousand CD's and. few thousand vinyl records so I rarely use a streaming service (I use Amazon unlimited when riding my motorbike) but I'd prefer to have a hidden USB port so I can keep the iPod out of sight, ie in arm rest or glove box, it’s in a zipped case, but is kind of in the way in the centre consul, but that’s a minor point.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:28 pm

You could copy them all to a memory card and that goes in the glove box.

By the way, having the auto park option is the only way to get the front and side parking sensors.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Analoguekid

Post by Analoguekid » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:28 pm
You could copy them all to a memory card and that goes in the glove box.

By the way, having the auto park option is the only way to get the front and side parking sensors.
Might be difficult to copy to mem card, as all my CD’s are now in iTunes library. But I did think of that.

I thought the xcellence MY18 had f/r sensors as standard without park pilot?

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:59 pm

If they are in the iTunes library as opposed to in the cloud it should be easy to copy them.

Ref the sensors, you may be right, there were only available on mine with Park Assist but that was nearly two years ago.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”