WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Matthijs82

Re: WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

Post by Matthijs82 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 am

Here in The Netherlands lead times are sort of dropping.
I talked to my dealer and he has 20 cars to deliver this week and another 20 or so next week.
After that it drops off as leasecompanies arn't registering cars in December.
07-06 ordered: Ateca 1.4 (1.5) TFSI DSG FR Business Intense + virtual cockpit
Production planned for week 42
Delivery 16-11

hurrell11

Post by hurrell11 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 am

Just a heads up guys,

My dealer and SEAT have told me all the new 2L engines have been delayed until end of March..

Was told i could wait and they could sort something out and some compo but instead was offered and went for the the new 1.5 Excellence with all the added extras excluding 360 camera and electric tailgate (even included full leather and heated seats) at a much better price and would be at dealership before Christmas.

Giltranator

Post by Giltranator » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:48 pm

For those of you that were lucky enough to be given the option of a courtesy car if the delivery was delayed, how did you get SEAT to agree to this?

I have been told to ring every week as their build date updates each Monday. We had our order confirmed at the end of August and are still waiting for a confirmed build date. I was told today that they will not supply a courtesy car unless there is a delay past the normal lead time of 12-16 weeks. Given that this takes us to the start of December, it is likely that the car is not going to be delivered until after the normal lead time.

We are expecting our first child in January which is the reason for purchasing the Ateca. I currently have a Boxster which although I’ll be keeping, it obviously won’t be practical for the two of us and a baby.

How should we get SEAT to agree to lend us a courtesy car in the meantime? Today their customer service team have advised us to speak to the sales manager at the dealership but I believe that SEAT themselves should be sorting this for us rather than the dealer.

Cheers

J190XCELL

Post by J190XCELL » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi I cancelled my order but it was the sales manager at Lookers that offered a courtesy car when I mentioned it. They put a request into Seat uk, unfortunately their incompetence shined through again. I spent 15mins on the phone explaining to them to call my mobile not my landline.. You guessed it one week later another message left in my landline. The guy I needed to speak to was a Mon-Fri 9-5..good luck because he was not there at 16:50..

Techno

Post by Techno » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 pm

I ordered this week and the only cars available to order were 1.6 115 diesel or 1.5 petrol all 2wd. The system wouldn’t allow the dealer to provide a quote on other engines. He did show me a sheet of A4 suggesting 4wd 1.5 would be available to order mid December and the other engines slightly later. I ordered a 1.5 xcellence lux, because I need a March delivery.

GlennS

Post by GlennS » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Just a quick follow up on my FR delivered without the rear view camera. SEAT have now agreed to retrofit one free of charge.
Ordered Ateca FR 1.5 TSI, Energy Blue, manual, convenience pack, heated windscreen, spare wheel on 19/04/2018. Delivery due Week42 (Mid-October) Picked up week 43

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Just got my FR, everything i ordered is installed;
360 camera works.
Seat sound upgraded to Beats.
Delivery 16-11

GlennS

Post by GlennS » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Great news, enjoy your car!
Ordered Ateca FR 1.5 TSI, Energy Blue, manual, convenience pack, heated windscreen, spare wheel on 19/04/2018. Delivery due Week42 (Mid-October) Picked up week 43

Lubeeloo

Post by Lubeeloo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:06 am

freddie wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:31 pm
freddie wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:24 am
Tiki-Taka wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:56 am

I think I am (and therefore hope my car is) in the same boat. I know it was built in W36 but little solid news since except for that it has left the factory! What did the do to our Xcellence s for two months!?

Collecting next weekend, 17 weeks after the original delivery date.
SEAT still haven't managed to get it out the port, delayed by another week ffs.
I wonder if I’m on the same boat. Ordered the 1.4 SE Tech with extras in May, told build was week 26, then later was told build date was week 36 and the 1.5 engine instead. Car has been “in transit” since beginning of October, with a couple of “its on a boat” “no, it’s actually not on a boat yet” updates, followed by me moaning, leading to further investigation by the dealer that revealed the car has actually been stuck in a warehouse next to the factory for weeks awaiting “technical data”. Have now been told delivery is due December, but no confirmed date as yet. Fingers crossed Santa will get involved - he’s great at making on-time deliveries and could teach Seat a thing or two.

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 am

How is it in the UK atm? Here there are a lot of Ateca's being delivered.
Delivery 16-11

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”